Facial Reconstruction?

#0 - Aug. 24, 2007, 10:53 p.m.
Blizzard Post
I've read that Blizzard has no plans to "implement plastic surgeons". I'm guessing that means that the "face" aspect of your appearance, as opposed to "hair style" or "hair color" or "piercings", will not be changeable in-game. Why is this restricted? If you've made a draenei (a male, anyway) you may have noticed that when you change the "hair style" option it reshapes the entire head. How is this less drastic than, say, changing my gnome's face so that he stops scowling?
#4 - Aug. 24, 2007, 11:52 p.m.
Blizzard Post
The idea is that hair is something that makes sense to be changeable in the game and the cosmetic alteration can make a very positive impact for some players so we want to make this available to everybody. By making the hair styles change, it does vary by race what this does to the character, but we also have no plans at this time to exclude people from using a cosmetic feature like this. We are also looking into extending this to cover facial hair features as well, but this has not been finalized at this time.

We are also providing players the opportunity to learn new/different dances with the dance studio. Even if your character is scowling, this is another cosmetic change that can give your character a real positive attitude and people have shown great enthusiasm for.

Plastic surgeons to change a character’s physical facial features just haven't been be found in the Twisting Nether…