Anyone *not* impressed with Death Knight?

#0 - Aug. 28, 2007, 9:01 p.m.
Blizzard Post
I gotta say, though we have little confirmed information...this class doesn't look terribly impressive. Granted, it would have been easy, 16 years ago to say Brett Favre didn't look impressive either. In hindsight I may be proven wrong. I may like Death Knight so much that it becomes my main. However it's not blowin my skirt up right now. I do believe WoW needs new classes, yes. We need more people to whine about how X class overpoweres Y, and so on and so forth. Kidding. I just wonder if any of the other Hero Classes will be added? I would really love Blademaster myself.
#13 - Aug. 28, 2007, 9:09 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Right, right, well I don't expect everyone will think they're bee's knees, but is there something specific that doesn't appeal to you? Considering the limited information that's been released I'm guessing it's something very basic you're not liking. It's a melee/plate class so that may not appeal to everyone, but can you elaborate a bit more? Is it just the general flavor?

Like I said I don't expect everyone to even like the idea of a death knight, but in hopes of actually holding a conversation what do you find specifically unappealing?

Also, yes, the idea of hero classes really allows the possibly of adding other classes easily in future expansions without requiring players to start at level 1. Other possible classes could be Demon Hunter, Blademaster, etc.
#62 - Aug. 28, 2007, 9:33 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
Just one problem, really. What's to stop us from having a server population of 95% death knights

I expect just about everyone is going to want to try one, but is everyone going to want to drop their long-time proffered class for one? I seriously doubt it. Also there's some amount of self regulation that will really be required to keep group composition equalized.

Q u o t e:
To me, the unappealing part about DKs is the rune system. It just seems like it would be clunky and not fun.

In its current design, at least as far as I've seen, it's like having three different energy pools that can be made smaller or bigger before each fight for what you think you may need. I would kind of also liken it to some systems used in space sims where you throw more power into your shields, weapons, hull, etc. While the rune system is designed to be a pre-combat setup, there's the possibility of there being some on-the-fly swapping abilities for re-proportioning your rune distribution.

It's definitely going to be more complex. I think there's going to be a clear definition (more so than other classes) of a good death knight player that manages and controls their runes and cooldowns well, and someone who doesn't.