in game whisper from a GM.

#1 - Feb. 21, 2011, 9:17 a.m.
Blizzard Post
I recieved a whisper in game not in a seperate window from a GM that said: ''[Blizardlock] whispers: [Game Master]GM:Hello! Blizzard received your game account is suspected of using third-party software, please <snip>. enter your account information, Blizzard need to review, otherwise we will stop your game account.'' Is this really a GM talking to me or shoudl it be ignored?
Forum Avatar
Customer Service
#16 - Feb. 21, 2011, 12:48 p.m.
Blizzard Post
21/02/2011 12:40 PMPosted by Algaran
Thanks. Wierd though... I was locked out of my account after I posted that. I reset the password and it sorted itself. But why would that be done?

This happened because you logged in to the fake website, giving away your password and other information entered to the "hacker", so this person then tried logging into your World of Warcraft account but our system prevented it and locked your account for verification via e-mail.

Please make sure you change all details that you used to log in with so that the "hacker" does not know any of your details and check out this support article to see what a real Blizzard whisper looks like: https://eu.blizzard.com/support/article.xml?locale=en_GB&articleId=17396
Forum Avatar
Customer Service
#21 - Feb. 21, 2011, 1:21 p.m.
Blizzard Post
21/02/2011 1:13 PMPosted by Gontier
Thanks. Man I suck. I have ran full system scans and nothing has come up. Thanks you all!

Just to add, your computer doesn't have the keylogger, it's the website that sends the information you put into the forms, to the hacker. There's no harm of entering the website, it's the filling out part that's the bad.

However, this forum does have a lovely sticky that got a quite few handy ideas to keep your PC safe and secure, feel free to check it out if you're in need of it in the future aswell. :-)

(Sticky) [Guide] How to SCAN and SECURE your PC
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/900641537

Exactly - once again, I highly recommend you change your details, even going as far as making a brand new e-mail that you only use for your Battle.Net account, to ensure that you are fully safe from whoever got your old information!