Aquatic Form too strong in Vashj'ir.

#1 - Feb. 18, 2011, 2:30 a.m.
Blizzard Post
So, I'm on my 85 ret paladin clearing up quests I never completed in Vashj'ir when suddenly I come under attack. Moonfire and Insect Swarm? I do some looking around and far away from me is a Night Elf druid, level 84, hovering in Aquatic Form. So I charge in after him, hit him with Judgment, assuming that Long Arm of the Law will allow me to make up some of the difference in our speed. Wrong move on my part. Long Arm of the Law only increases ground speed, so I notice no change, and the druid continues to circle me, moonfiring and using insect swarm. I then LoS him, thinking to close the gap by mounting my seahorse. The druid wisely chooses to pursue me and reapply his DoTs to keep me in combat. My paladin has about 116k health, so I've got some time to think of a different strategy, because the one I'm using clearly isn't going to work, right?

Long story short, I ended up kiting him to some dry land and hiding behind a rock until I could get on my flying mount, turn around, and charge at him long enough to hit him with Hammer of Justice. My plan did end up working; with the use of Avenging Wrath once I'd stunned him, I easily crushed the 84 druid under my heel.

But the point is this:

Why is it that, especially given the already significant swim speed bonus from Sea Legs, devs felt that only druids should benefit from movement enhancing effects in Vashj'ir? Even Crusader Aura doesn't enhance the MOUNTED speed of a seahorse.

tl;dr - Make aquatic form's swim speed bonus not stack multiplicatively with Sea Legs.

Edit: Title changed. Purpose clarified.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#730 - Feb. 20, 2011, 12:30 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Why is this thread 37 pages?