WotLK and Atiesh

#0 - Sept. 20, 2007, 3:41 a.m.
Blizzard Post
So I read that Naxx is moving to WotLK. Happy for the best dungeon comeback, yes. Then it struck me. I finished collecting all of my splinters of atiesh pre-bc and am now on the part to get head and base, but its near impossible to get a guild to kill Kel'thuzad on my server, because of the lack of guilds and people to work together. So my questions are:

1) Should I wait and see if my quest for Atiesh will "rollover" to WotLK if mods decide to upgrade Atiesh, or is it going to be something completely different?
2) If I dont complete the quest and get Atiesh now, am I screwed out of all of the hours I spent in Naxx collecting all 40 splinters, since Naxx is moving to 25 man and to Northrend? Or will the quest still be doable at 80 with Kel'thuzad's head still on loot table, and if the mods decide to upgrade teh Atiesh, will they make a different quest line?

Im leaning towards mods NOT making another Atiesh, because that would require them removing the lore from C'thun, unless thats supposed to be either a walk in the park, or if they are remaking AQ40 also. Either way, the base needs to come from somewhere. It also poses a problem of people that already have it, although not many people do, it still is a fact that some people DO have it, and mods have said that the current legendaries WILL NOT be upgraded.

With the mods saying legendaries wont be upgraded, I guess my only question is do I need to find a bunch of people and pug it(since no guilds will run Naxx), and hope i finish it before WotLK? Or can I wait until the new Xpac comes out and make it then?
#3 - Sept. 20, 2007, 3:48 a.m.
Blizzard Post
We have made no final decision yet regarding Atiesh in the updated version of Naxxramas.