Game design is not a service industry.

#1 - Feb. 17, 2011, 11:24 p.m.
Blizzard Post
You're absolutely correct Bashiok. Game design isn't a service industry. But, when condescending remarks like these come out from Blue posters, it makes the community rebel against the people that make these comments.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#15 - Feb. 17, 2011, 11:52 p.m.
Blizzard Post
02/17/2011 3:24 PMPosted by Santaclauss
You're absolutely correct Bashiok. Game design isn't a service industry. But, when condescending remarks like these come out from Blue posters, it makes the community rebel against the people that make these comments.

I don't find it to be condescending. I find it to be a truthful and accurate assessment of how game design decisions are handled. It's not a first-come first-serve basis where a forum posts means you have a good idea and us not doing what you ask means we don't care.

And I absolutely believe that anyone making posts that demand changes of us 'because they say so' should be reported by any constructive forum goer, and we'll delete them outright. Constructive criticism. We love it. Feedback on changes. Eat em up! We love that stuff, and while we don't always agree (and most of the time won't reply) we do read and truly appreciate them. It's the posts that demand things be done 'or else' that I personally have no patience for, and don't believe they should be tolerated by anyone, not least of which are the hundreds of thousands of other players that share these forums.