29 Highly inappropriate character names

#1 - Feb. 17, 2011, 8:36 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Come on Blizz where is any form of reasonable name filtering.

Noticed a character yesterday called Copkillah.

Did a serach on armory and there are actually 16 characters in Europe with such a name plus another 13 in the US.

How MUCH of an affront to a moral, law abiding society does a player need to be in order to either be banned for a long time ( not just 3 days), or made to have the name changed (blacklisted by yourselves) when they DELIBERATELY incite the glorification of violence and worse to the very people whose job it is to protect society !!

Forum Avatar
Customer Service
#53 - Feb. 17, 2011, 5:11 p.m.
Blizzard Post
I once on the old forums made a post with armory link to players with names like certain sexual body parts, the rude names.

Blizzard said report them ingame and go away and don't bother us until you do.

Well, I'm not sure about the couple of bits but they would do NOTHING about them even though I provided armory links showing server and name.

Edit: I was forced to change my name which was a shortened version of the name richard and the above happened to me and there are still 51 players called dí**.

There is no way for you to know that we didn't do anything here so please don't assume that nothing was done, especially when you are well aware that 1 of the other names you reported before has been changed.

To answer this and the original post, if you guys see any inappropriate names then please report them by submitting a ticket and one of our GMs will investigate and take appropriate action as soon as possible. It's just not realistic to think we can actively police every realm for inappropriate names, or that we will go through every other realm to check for names after your own name has been reported and changed.