Rekkiems guide to Feral PVP

Forum Avatar
#0 - Sept. 27, 2007, 3:09 p.m.
Blizzard Post
with patch 2.3 coming sooner than you think and so many changes afoot, its important that i share with you my hard earned knowledge about my class endgame - mainly how to achieve ratings of 2000+ in arena so that we too can have those shoulders everyone else is wearing!

First of all it is important to chose a good spec. Feral in arena is as much about control and healing as dps, it isnt just MANGEL MANGEL MANGELOL all day unfortunately.. luckily for you i've got my 2 favourite specs to share:

one of the most important aspects of a successful team is exactly that, a good team. in order to find / bribe / convince other players to join you its worth having lots of nice shiney purplix to make you look serious. the first piece of gear you should go for is the shoulders since its the first thing people notice and makes you look a bit more leet, therefore opening the door to 3v3 and 5v5 (2v2 is easy, just play with a mate or his alt)

the following 2 profiles are typical of the gear you should be aiming for:

it is important to stack up that mp5 and +healing because like i said, its not just MANGEL
remember that and repeat 5 times before you go to bed

bind your keys thusly: 1-rejuv / 2-lifebloom / 3-regrowth / 4-swiftmend / 5-cyclone / 6-travelform
spam in any order on team mates or the enemy

CONGRATULATIONS!

you have graduated from the Rekkiem school of feral enhancement for underpriviledged Durids
you are now ready to sign up and join the fight
dont forget durids
FERAL R.I.P 2.3
#10 - Sept. 28, 2007, 3:18 p.m.
Blizzard Post
What a nice post Tze. :-)

I take this as proof that not everything is so bleak and gloomy for PvP Druids that some people would like to make it look like. I can acknowledge though, that healing and control is extremely important and necessary, so the pure DPS Mangle, Mangle, Mangle Druid will have a tough time in the Arenas if he is not willing to do non-DPS tasks.
#19 - Sept. 28, 2007, 3:43 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

You didnt...happen to check any of those links did you?

How embarrising

I did check them, and yes I did notice that those builds are not Feral builds. Now to return the question, did you read my post at all, or do you just see what you want to see?
#22 - Sept. 28, 2007, 3:48 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
i believe the topic said FERAL pvp...

Indeed it did, it did not say Rekkiems guide to Feral Tree PVP... You can still play Feral even though you have not invested many points in the Feral tree. Rekkiem is pretty much telling how to PvP in Arenas as a Feral that does multiple things and not just Mangle, Mangle, Mangle, etc.
#26 - Sept. 28, 2007, 3:53 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
What we should play feral with a resto specc? How drunk are you?

I am not saying that you should do that, I am saying that you can do that... If you wish to be a part of high ranking teams. As it is currently, a multi-role Druid adapting to the situation is way more effecient in arenas than a pure Feral Druid. This is a tough pill to swallow, I know, especially if you are not interested in playing multi-roles in Arenas.
#28 - Sept. 28, 2007, 3:59 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
Its not making it any better vaneras, don't make it worse plx :<

I guess not, so this will probably be my last comment in this thread.

I would like to finish by saying that the pure Feral Druids, who have specced deep into the Feral tree, are indeed seeing a tough time in the Arenas as it is right now. This have been brought up to the developers, and they are looking into ways for making more specs viable for Arena PvP, however they have to be careful that the process of balancing does not make said specs overpowered elsewhere.
#34 - Sept. 28, 2007, 4:05 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
actually it appears you missed the point of my post. while in essence i am correct about feral teamplay being more than just doing direct damage and bringing as much support as possible to justify my place in the group (the +healing on feral sets is there for a reason) - i was actually trying to make a point that if you want to break your 2k rating as feral... respec resto, get resto gear, heal things. ez rating (comparatively)

and actually for your information you cannot play feral without points invested in the tree. its pointless and shameful to even try.

sorry it went over your head honey :(

I did get that actually, but it seems that I was bad at brining the message across that I in fact did get it… I am only human and therefore I am prone to fail.

Q u o t e:
now back on topic, while you're here.. what happened to potential arena viability for ferals? when can high rated feral druids NOT have to rely on their 2pt5 bonus, and when will barkskin be taken off GCD?

*swish* Party-link:
http://forums.wow-europe.com/thread.html?topicId=1017251725&sid=1&pageNo=8#157

P.S: This was my last post in this thread!