Mad as Hell

#0 - Sept. 28, 2007, 5:50 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Is anyone as mad as I am about the new 2.3 patch? Hunters and Rogues are getting buffed while we priest are getting some BS buffs. I am shadow I don’t care about discipline, and this new 3v3min BS with fearward is just stupid. What’s with this new Chastise it does Holy damage, again I am shadow I don’t care it is useless for me. Arcane shot can now dispel one magic effect along with doing DMG. Hunters are not casters they don’t have cast interruptions but now they can dispel, WTF. Arcane shot has a short cooldown while MindBlast has a cast time and a cooldown.

What is Blizzard thinking, all these Hunters that complain about being nurfed are all BM hunters and they already have it so easy while we Priest have enough problems with them. Not to mention Rogues but I don’t go into them, they got a nice upgrade to, which is BS two since they have cloak of shadows.

So does anyone feel like Blizzard has abandoned us?

PS: Warlocks watch out I didn’t see your 2.3 updates in their and I am sure a huge nurf is coming your way.
#38 - Sept. 28, 2007, 5:11 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
Is anyone as mad as I am about the new 2.3 patch? Hunters and Rogues are getting buffed while we priest are getting some BS buffs. I am shadow I don’t care about discipline, and this new 3v3min BS with fearward is just stupid. What’s with this new Chastise it does Holy damage, again I am shadow I don’t care it is useless for me. Arcane shot can now dispel one magic effect along with doing DMG. Hunters are not casters they don’t have cast interruptions but now they can dispel, WTF. Arcane shot has a short cooldown while MindBlast has a cast time and a cooldown.

What is Blizzard thinking, all these Hunters that complain about being nurfed are all BM hunters and they already have it so easy while we Priest have enough problems with them. Not to mention Rogues but I don’t go into them, they got a nice upgrade to, which is BS two since they have cloak of shadows.

So does anyone feel like Blizzard has abandoned us?

PS: Warlocks watch out I didn’t see your 2.3 updates in their and I am sure a huge nurf is coming your way.

We're thinking that at this point in time, Shadow Priests are pretty solid. We're also thinking that this is just a continuing effort to bring forth improvement to many classes that had areas that could be improved upon. Discipline was one such area that many Priests (maybe not you) have had some considerable concern about.

No one has abandoned anyone and if you take time to look at the larger picture, you'll see that the changes being implemented are on the whole very positive changes. Are they ALL the changes that are ever going to happen? No. More is being worked on for the expansion as well.

Just to reiterate to people, expansion changes do not mean that you are consigned to buying the expansion if you don't wish to. Expansion changes are going to work the same as the last time. There will be changes that are available to everyone whether they have the expansion or not and some things on the upper end that you will need the expansion for. We'd like to hope/think/wish that people are going to want to join us in Northrend as well.
#116 - Sept. 28, 2007, 7:10 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

THE REASON WHY YOU DON'T CARE WHETHER WE BUY THE EXPANSION IS BECAUSE YOU ALREADY HAVE 7 MILLION PLAYERS PAYING 13.95 on top (on top?) YES ON TOP OF THE FIRST PURCHASE!

but what's your commitment to them with this new release ahead right?

Actually our last announced worldwide number was over 9 million. Some people pay more some less. It depends on region and rates of those areas.

We absolutely DO care if people get the expansion because we think it's going to be pretty awesome, but no one is going to show up at your door and force it on you. I also have no idea where you saw that I said we don't care if you buy it or not. I think I said it would be a choice for people and hopefully a compelling choice. :) There is always concern from those that don't feel like getting it right away that they are going to miss out on all the beneficial and new shiny abilities or talent revamps.

Please keep in mind too (for the people concerned about Shadow) that the statement of feeling that Shadow is pretty solid right now doesn't imply perfection. It is a solid spec that is getting a lot more use in PvE especially as of late. We currently don't have any buffs or nerfs scheduled for patch 2.3 and I would think if anything that would be good news that things aren't changing at this point in time.

Discipline focus and intention as a spec is still something that is in consideration. More significant changes will most likely be seen with the expansion. We realize that right now there doesn't really seem to be a cohesive element for Discipline. Yes, it has some great mana regen and utility, but it's lacking in other areas and isn't something that is necessarily the best "stand alone" spec. (I've tried it myself even.) However, having a good mix of talents that are enticing is a goal we want to achieve.
#119 - Sept. 28, 2007, 7:13 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

But there probably are Warlock nerfs that will impact Shadow. :-/

Haven't seen any of those either. Sorry to disappoint.