Brewfest BRD quest.

#0 - Oct. 4, 2007, 8:56 p.m.
Blizzard Post
We seem to have lost the ability to start the BRD brewfest quest in the latest hotbreak.

Is this coming back, or will my filthy gnome alt be the only one of my chars to dual-fist beer mugs ;o)
#2 - Oct. 4, 2007, 9:03 p.m.
Blizzard Post
We're in the process of fixing this and the Barking quests, as well as looking into other Brewfest matters.

I assure you, my team hasn't been idle today, but fixes aren't generated in two seconds.

Apologies for the inconvenience in the meantime.

*goes to get more caffeine*
#9 - Oct. 4, 2007, 9:08 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
If we have the quest already but havent started it, can we still do the quest and turn it in?

Or is that broken as well?

I believe the issue is that Coren isn't appearing, which would make it rather difficult to turn the quest in.

I ask for your patience while we work to resolve this and other issues.
#17 - Oct. 4, 2007, 9:12 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

So uh... What was the point of the PTR?

Some issues were caught and fixed in PTR testing, however, others did not appear until the event became live.

We're making every effort here, I assure you.
#37 - Oct. 4, 2007, 10:52 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Most likely we will not be extending Brewfest, as it is occurring late already and would be clashing with Hallow's End.

Among the other things mentioned we're also taking a good look at the keg relay and may make the apples a bit more responsive.
#47 - Oct. 4, 2007, 11:05 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

Assuming you get things fixed today, I have to work all weekend (12 hour shifts fri-sat-sun) and have no time to play, giving me possibly some of today to get tickets and monday if I forgo sleep. That won't be enough to get the 600 required to get a ram. Thanks for the hype and lack of delivery. You all are getting more and more like Hollywood.

You are aware that the holiday lasts until the 16th, correct?
#50 - Oct. 4, 2007, 11:12 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

Or the 15th, and a "Clean Up" day.

I can say with authority there is no "clean up" phase as there was a set up phase. I am aware some people were not expecting the Darkmoon Faire-esque set up, but I would not be saying the 16th if it truly ended on the 15th.
#55 - Oct. 4, 2007, 11:21 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
So then Hallow's End starts on the 15th at Midnight?

http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/events/calendar/
#86 - Oct. 6, 2007, 5:38 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
Basically, if you have a life... and with no extension to the event... and with the current state of ticket collection... Blizz is shafting those who didnt stay up all night the first night.

Oh well... we can hope that things go back to the way they were on the first day....MINUS the /wave spam from all the idiots.

I wish you the best team, I hope that you can get it squared away....and maybe...just maybe extend it a few days...pwease.

look...even Green posters are worried.

We cannot extend it a few days in this case due to Hallow's End. That is not an option.

You can still get a ram if you start Brewfest this instant and average 7 keg turn-ins a day. Once a day, 15-20 minutes of play a day, until the 16th. That is not a significant amount of time. Remember that we buffed ticket rewards from the dailies when the Dark Iron attack was removed.