Season 1 Gear to Honor System

#0 - Oct. 6, 2007, 10:25 a.m.
Blizzard Post
So, as we all know, Season 1 gear will be purchasable with honor next Season. Blizzard, do you plan to make the honor cost reasonable? I think that everyone would agree that farming a set with the honor system requires a much greater time commitment than farming a S2 set does.

S1 gear should be inferior to S3, so please do not make it take longer to get.

Edit: Fixed my 3:43 AM mistakes.
#3 - Oct. 6, 2007, 10:39 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
So, as we all know, Season 1 gear will be purchasable with honor next Season. Blizzard, do you plan to make the honor cost reasonable? I think that everyone would agree that farming a set with the honor system requires a much greater time commitment than farming a S2 set does.

Reasonable to one person could be unreasonable to another. The honor system and arena system are fundamentally different, and their investment comparisons are offset by any number of factors. Capped out in honor points should allow you to get two or three pieces I believe.

The battleground daily quests, and additional bonus honor being given for each battleground come 2.3 should definitely help.

Q u o t e:
S1 gear should be superior to S3, so please do not make it take longer to get.

Bwah?
#12 - Oct. 6, 2007, 10:45 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
will weapons be buyable also with honor

Yes.
#18 - Oct. 6, 2007, 10:52 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Yeah, it is late, and I couldn't seem to comprehend any other meaning, it just sounded crazy to me. Sorrys.

Q u o t e:
does anybody know when it is put into the honor system?

When season 3 begins. Patch 2.3 will be patching in the season 3 rewards, but may not mark the actual start of the season. We'll let everyone know at least a couple weeks before it's scheduled to start.
#24 - Oct. 6, 2007, 11 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

didnt tigole or someoene say they would be about 15k honor?

Possibly, I heard a price recently for the one-handers but I dare not repeat it in case I'm mistaken or it's changed. Take it with a grain of salt for now.