Deathwish swap not the end of the world...

#0 - Oct. 13, 2007, 9:12 p.m.
Blizzard Post
First off, let me begin by saying I am 100% against the DW/SS swap. As a warrior who does both 2H MS PvP, and DW Fury PvE, this change is completely unwanted. There is no logical reason for this switch. Everyone who knows anything about warriors, knows the logical tallent to swap with SS would be enrage. That being said, if this change goes through, I really don't think it's going to be as bad as people are making it out to be.

I think we can all agree the reason we do not want DW swapped, is because of the DW Fury single target DPS loss we will incur without the ability. However, if you really think about it, there are very few encounters that we can utilize DW to its full potential, on a consistant basis. I have experienced every 25 man encounter in the game, and by my count, in only 4 (mabye 5) of the 14 boss fights in BT/Hyjal, can we expect to take full advantage of DW.

These fights include:
Archimonde, Shade of Akama, Teron Gorefiend, Reliquary of Souls, and Illidan(debateable)

Every other boss has some sort of mechanic that keeps us from being able to stay in melee range, with no damage lowering debuffs, and do steady DPS for a full 30 seconds, every 3 minutes, with little to no cooldown wasted.

Some Examples:
Rage - Unpredictable DnD placement
Azgalor - Rain of Fire, Warstomps (Depending on who you DPS)
Naj'entus - Getting spined, having to pick spines
Bloodboil - EASILY threat capped without DW
Council - Constantly have to move

Once again, the change sucks, but it really isn't the end of the world. Don't let it spoil your fun.

BTW - There is no way in hell 21/40 is going to be better than 17/44 with the current PTR changes.
#31 - Oct. 14, 2007, 2:02 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
Fury warrior dps actualy got buffed.

People are giving Death Wish way to much credit. The WW change alone if used with proper slow weapon will make up for the dps loss from loosing Death Wish. Plus the 10% less threat, fury actualy got a dps buff.

Also worth mentioning the -4% dodge chance reduction from Weapon Mastery.
#47 - Oct. 14, 2007, 2:14 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

in the PTR say 1% not 4%.

PTR isn't updated with the new version of weapon mastery yet. It's a straight 4% dodge reduction (in addition to the disarm duration reduction).