Why put duration on brooms?

#0 - Oct. 18, 2007, 11:44 p.m.
Blizzard Post
I can't understand why the best mount in the game has a duration of 14 days. All other seasonal souvenirs are nothing compare to the pure awesome win of the broom.
#12 - Oct. 19, 2007, 12:44 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Putting the duration on these items makes it so we don't have to worry about keeping them as a special rare mount. Instead it allows us to make them drop on a regular basis so almost everybody can experience this part of the event and enjoy it while it lasts.
#38 - Oct. 19, 2007, 1 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
Oh, does your RL costume disintegrate after Holloween?

Mine does... is that abnormal?
#62 - Oct. 19, 2007, 2:51 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

I would much rather have a broom over any of the Horde mounts. Also, I motion for the Headless Horseman to be a permanent boss for us wee levels who have no chance of fighting him during the holiday.

If you can't face the Headless Horseman now to grab a broom for the event, you have a year to prepare for his return.
#65 - Oct. 19, 2007, 3:08 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
Are you 100% that he will be returning? If so, I guess that takes the edge off slightly.

Nothing is 100% certain, especially a year in advance, but we prefer to build upon existing content and add new features to encounter instead of completely removing things.

Anyway, enough of this 2008 chat, the Headless Horseman is terrorizing the lands for the first time and the people of Azeroth need your help to push him back and claim his candy ... and his purplez.
#197 - Oct. 19, 2007, 7:47 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
Why, exactly, would this be worrisome?

Well for one the broom mount definitely feels more like holiday event mount compared to a standard Warcraft universe mount. That said, if these mounts were permanent we'd want to maintain a unique feel with them so we'd try to make it harder to get and limit the number of people who have them.

Instead of doing that we put the duration on them so that a lot more people can enjoy the festivities and just have fun with them.
#260 - Oct. 19, 2007, 11:34 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
Okay blues, ready for this?

(Whichever) Broom
BINDS WHEN PICKED UP
3 sec cast
<No Duration>

Flame me if you wish, but i dont see why if so many people support the idea, and it in no way can make the game any less fair, why not? Besides, as you sit there on your piles of our cash pretending to care about our opinions, please remember that the Brewfest mount Basically contradicts everything i just quoted from you if you make the brooms BOP.

just my opinion

The Brewfest mount is a new variation on the ram mounts that already exist and fits as part of the game very well. *cough* The broom mount definitely feels more like holiday event mount compared to a standard Warcraft universe mount.

Currently we have no plans to implement a permanent version of the Broomstick mounts. Enjoy them while they last along with everything else during Hallow's End!