Purpose of 19,29,39,49 twinks?

#0 - Oct. 26, 2007, 4:43 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Hey I have just been wondering after seeing all these extremely well equiped characters in BGs at lv 19,29,39,49 and so on, what in the world if the point of this? Do you gain anything worth while for wrecking kids in say the lv 20-29 BG bracket? Yes I know a bunch of these twinks are going to come in here and just tell me "QQ morzz about getting wrecked by twinkzz n00b" but thats not the point. Yes I've been completely wrecked by plenty of these characters haha but thats not the point. I'm not mad or frustrated, I'm just wondering what exactly the point of doing this is? Do they gain any worth while items they could use later on in the game or something else I'm not aware of? Thanks
#140 - Oct. 26, 2007, 10:41 p.m.
Blizzard Post
I think the biggest draw is that it's a unique challenge to build a character with a very specific constraint. You might find better balance or more simplistic enjoyment from limited abilities and talents. Finding the perfect item for a specific slot and figuring out how to get it while gaining the least amount of experience possible so as not to pass the level you're attempting to maintain. It's a different way to play the same game, and you can essentially reach the "most powerful your character can get" type of level without really needing to socialize.

There's obviously the sort of... I don't want to call it a god complex, but wanting to be powerful or invulnerable. I think as it's become more popular that's less of a draw, or maybe more of a deterrent at least, as you're more likely to face other twinks now than you may have before.

Some do legitimately like to face other twinks, it's similar to having premade characters, there's no real individuality of gear in most cases, and so it comes down to personal ability in playing the game. I don't think any of them would deny that they also enjoy killing a non-twink in a shot or two though.

It's a metagame of sorts, taking the rules and boundaries of the game and constricting them further to create a different and/or (usually) more challenging goal.