Why is Blizzard so proud of "Daily Quests"?

#0 - Oct. 30, 2007, 9:13 p.m.
Blizzard Post
I've done all the daily factions to exalted now and I have to say I'm not very impressed. The only aspects that were fun and interesting for me were the Netherwing race (which once you complete you can not do again) and the demon inhabiting encounter in Orgri'la. The rest of it is just lame, repetitive questing that we've seen time and time again. I know I've seen Blizzard mention that they are pleased with the development of daily quests on several occasions. Please, get a grip. There's nothing awesome about designing a quest chain that makes you do the same thing hundreds of times, it's just an easy way for you to keep players preoccupied. I know you are capable of creating more interesting gameplay, as an endgame raider I've seen a lot of it. Why can't you think up something more original for casual players?
#18 - Oct. 30, 2007, 9:49 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
They're coming out with a greater variety of them so you can pick and chose which ones you want to do and rotate them if you get bored.

To build on this, people said for a long time that they had completed all the quests in the game and these daily quests can help avoid these situations.
#30 - Oct. 30, 2007, 10:01 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
I think what some people don't like is the repetitive nature of daily quests. Here's a suggestion for Blizzard: when designing these dailies, design some to have 7 total variations, and rotate them each day. It doesn't have to be huge variations, just a little twist to the quest to make the experience a bit more varied on different days.

We haven't stopped adding daily quests, so there will be more options for players to complete in the future.

Also, we have variation quests going in with patch 2.3 with the Battleground/Dungeon daily quests. These will randomly pick a Battleground and Dungeon each day to complete and you get a little extra reward for doing so.
#32 - Oct. 30, 2007, 10:03 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
Bornakk are you saying it helps people avoid the situation of finishing all the quests because they give you something else to do and so you draw out completion of the non-repeatable quests longer?

That was how I took it at least but others don't seem to be.

Before daily quests existed, it was possible to clean out your quest log and have none to do. Having daily quests in the game just means that every day you can have some quests to complete.