Two talent specs??

#0 - Nov. 8, 2007, 3:18 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Will this ever happen?

I stop doing Arenas this season because it was costing me too much gold to respec for PVP and then raid 5nights a week.

Im sure others feel the same.
#6 - Nov. 8, 2007, 4:21 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
Will this ever happen?

I stop doing Arenas this season because it was costing me too much gold to respec for PVP and then raid 5nights a week.

Im sure others feel the same.

The idea has been brought up before, but it's not something we intend to allow at this point in time. We are working toward ways of alleviating the need to respec where we can by working toward continued balancing of the various trees and adding and adjusting gear, but in the end, there will always be a choice to be made about what you want most out of a spec. We don't feel that the cost to respec is prohibitive and as we get into Wrath of the Lich King , much like what happened with the Burning Crusade, there will be more gold infused into the economy again.
#27 - Nov. 8, 2007, 4:48 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
I had to quit my raid guild and they were already short on tanks because I couldn't afford to both raid and do arena. I've always loved raiding and arena equally but arena takes less time so that's what I chose to focus on. This is a guild I cleared MC, ZG, BWL, AQ 20-40, Naxx with. I was with them for over 2 years on almost a daily basis. Thanks a lot devs for ruining my gaming experience with your "design philosophy". I recently saved up some gold so I stepped into raiding again and now the problem is even worse if you can believe it. Not only do I have to 33/25 for my 2000+ rated teams and dw fury for my BT guild, but now I have to spec prot to farm heroic badges for the new pvp cloak if I want to stay competitive. I spent all the gold I had saved in 1 week of respecs. Now I quit raiding again. GG!

I'm curious, does your guild plan to utilize the guild bank and have the guild donate funds into it toward repairs? As I see it, this may be a way to alleviate your respec problem if they go that route. I could see it working to help more people out since some players are better at making money in game than others and can get something in return for their investment by being able to continue to run those dungeons they want to.
#32 - Nov. 8, 2007, 4:54 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

Most guild banks just collect items from DE's in raid runs, and it collects dust.

Never seen a guild bank used to actually help the guild.

I've seen it work extremely well in the past (guild dues) etc. I've also seen the more petty end of that as well, but being that permissions are available to be given for guild members to repair out of the guild bank, it may be a route to take for the more disciplined guilds and alleviate some costs for the membership as a whole. The health of a guild depends on its members and their willingness to work together, so perhaps this could be an additional tool toward a better end where alleviating costs for the guild as a whole is concerned.

I've also seen in guilds where one member was charged with handling Auctions of items the guild has donated toward adding funds to the guild coffer.
#66 - Nov. 8, 2007, 7:05 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

Neth the other issue is that many guilds consider guild funds to help the progression of the guild in raiding and not to pay for those folks who want to PvP.

They consider raiding to help the guild progress while PvP is more for the individual and therefore would be a good reason to provide guild funds for respec costs for PvP

I'm not suggesting the guild pay for the respecs, but I've seen a common thread of concern from players being more along the lines of the costs of repairs when raiding cutting into their own funds. The Guild Bank gives the option of players in those guilds to use guild funds toward those repairs. What I'm suggesting is the possibility of guild funds benefiting those that need the support when it comes to repairs and allowing those same players to be able to afford other things in game as well. Guilds donating resources and their talents toward funding the Guild Bank could go well if the nature of the guild members themselves coincide with such a thing.