Season 1 gear on nov 20 or bust

#0 - Nov. 14, 2007, 8:33 p.m.
Blizzard Post
topic says it all, if this is possible id love for it to happen
#17 - Nov. 14, 2007, 9:07 p.m.
Blizzard Post
The Season 1 gear being put on the vendor is part of a very large event that kicks off the entirety of Season 3. It's apparently a bit more difficult and labor intensive than just spawning in some vendors with the way our NPC and vendor tech works. I won't claim to know any of the technical details, but it's something that's been brought up, and would be a very large amount of work messing with an event that's already tested and locked down.

[edit] In other words, sorry, no. It's a one week delay for Season 3, and thus, for Season 1 to come to honor.
#30 - Nov. 14, 2007, 9:16 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

Tested and locked down.....yet.....needs delay.....

Hmmm....

Software developer are you?
#45 - Nov. 14, 2007, 9:21 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
Well we still want the gear, and we will still complain until we get it.

I would expect nothing less.

Q u o t e:
Actually I'm in college for game design.
Infact I'm in class right now waiting for the teacher to get back.

Oh, wow, well crap I'm just going to log out then since you're here. Take it away.
#155 - Nov. 14, 2007, 10:41 p.m.
Blizzard Post
We can indeed launch the event without actually starting season 3, meaning we don't run calculations for rewards and ratings aren't reset. However, all of the NPCs are set to spawn at the same time, meaning people would be able to buy Season 3 arena items too.
#160 - Nov. 14, 2007, 10:45 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

I think the general vibe for the past 150 something post and 8 pages is

"why are you not doing that?"
"what do we have to do to get you to do that"
and
"will it happen?"

Because we don't want people buying Season 3 before Season 2 has ended.
Nothing, it's just not going to happen. Sorry, it's another week to wait. It sucks, but it's for the betterment of our players if we ensure we're able to react to any issues in a timely manner.
No.
#167 - Nov. 14, 2007, 10:51 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
If you have a week, is that not enough time to script out, "Do not spawn arena npcs"?

It's not impossible, surely, but just from a design standpoint Season 1 being available for honor is part of Season 3. They are intended to happen simultaneously.
#171 - Nov. 14, 2007, 10:54 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

Congratulations. It's being delayed due to a BUSINESS issue, so as a game design student you wouldn't know about that. Specifically, they're worried that if they don't delay, many of their support technicians will be on vacation when it launches, and if something goes wrong they won't be around to fix it.

See where I'm going here? Or are your dreams of sporting full S1 gear still holding a blindfold over your eyes.

Eh, leave him alone. I shouldn't have picked on him, he didn't deserve it.