If you can't beat them, Join the UD Locks

#0 - Nov. 19, 2007, 6:19 p.m.
Blizzard Post
I have discovered that the Arena portion of the Game is just so ridiculously un-balanced, that you can't win consistantly as anything other than an UD Lock.

UD in general have a huge advantage because of the immunity to FEAR, the single most abusive, un-balanced ability in the game... FEAR even makes Stealth look weak.

Lock, because they can do EVERYTHING:
DPS,
de-buff,
Buff,
Pets,
Heal,
DOTs,
AOEs,
Drains,
Multiple forms of Crowd Control ( Fear, Coil, Bannish )
Ranged,
Melee ( spells ),
Wands,
Enhanced Blades,
Resurect ( Themselves and Pets ),
Off Tank AND Tank Healer ( Void Walker with Torrment, Drain Life and Funnel Health)
high health,
high dodge,
high Mana regen,
high health regen,
high resilience,
high armour

You name it, by level 70, A lock can do it! The only real exception is shape shift and stealth.... hey, give the Devs time, I'm sure they're working on it for the next patch.

Personally, I want my Lock to Morph into Worgen form with Stealth abilities. Hey Devs...I'm Waiting!

I've tried to do Arena with a number of other classes. Any team we go up against with a Lock wins. An Arena Team with 2 Locks wins with ease.

Until Blizzard does something reasonable to give lo Locks a real set of weakness and limitations, there just really is no point in playing for Arena PvP with anything other than an UD Lock.

I don't really like it, but that's the way it is.

So, if you're frustrated and fed up with getting Arena Ganked by UD Locks, Don't cry about it, Re-Roll.

When 99% of the Arena teams are Locks, and Wow is know in the gaming community as World of Warlocks, well, maybe, just maybe, Blizzard will realize they screwed up.

#4 - Nov. 19, 2007, 6:24 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Are they able to walk on water?
#12 - Nov. 19, 2007, 6:26 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Are they able to summon a well of light that heals and laughs?
#99 - Nov. 19, 2007, 8:40 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

One has to wonder why a Blizzard CM thinks a post like this merits the attention of two blue dings....

I'll explain if you're really curious? ;)

We read plenty of threads per day that I'd personally say "merit our attention", and we either do reply, or for one reason or another choose not to reply. Such threads are certainly handled appropriately, and those who posted did not do so in vain. So, a given thread lacking a blue tag should not be an indicator of how valuable a thread might be in terms of feedback provided. Similarly, not all threads we reply to may "merit our attention", but for one reason or another, we chose to reply -- and often times it's just for fun. We are members of this community, just like each of you and enjoy this game as well. To the disbelief of many, we also enjoy both the forums (most days anyway), and our community.

I can't speak for the other community managers, but after reading some of the comments made by various members of our active forum community, I do often find myself thinking "gotta love 'em!".

To be honest, in this particular case -- I read the original post, and immediately identified a great deal of exaggeration as well as lack of objective presentation on a somewhat sensitive and highly opinionated topic. This is said with no disrespect to the original poster, as he/she posted based upon his/her own personal experiences. In short though, I responded because a) he/she was being humorous, i.e. the worgen comment and b) wanted to add to that aspect of his/her post in hopes of turning some potential would-be flames into "poke-fun" responses.
#104 - Nov. 19, 2007, 8:45 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
First?

You are first, yes. Taking bids though and if you can't offer me more gold than another player wanting 'first' then your post will be deleted to allow the highest bidder your real-estate.

This was a joke before I'm flamed and reported...
#106 - Nov. 19, 2007, 8:47 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
I seen this UD lock one time summon a pet , true story.

No, that wasn't a pet. He had taken permanent control of another player's character.