Com'on paladins, let's tell Blizzard somethin

#0 - Dec. 2, 2007, 10:54 p.m.
Blizzard Post
I just want to say seal of light is holy-crap. I think less than 10 people on the earth would like to use that crap spell. But look at shammy and priest, what nice passive healing spells they have got? (earth shield and priests')

So u want to know why? Do u have time to hit a warrior or rogue for "the chance of recovery about 200-300 healing", while they can deal 1000 damage or more in 2-3 seconds on u?

Would u please consider making some changes on this seal of light thing? Like other healing classes, we dunt have time to hit the enemy to recover about 200-300 health "each chance".

We PALADINs, need PASSIVE healing spell!

(sorry Im Dutch, sorry for my English T.T)
#15 - Dec. 2, 2007, 11:37 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
I just want to say seal of light is holy-crap. I think less than 10 people on the earth would like to use that crap spell. But look at shammy and priest, what nice passive healing spells they have got? (earth shield and priests')

So u want to know why? Do u have time to hit a warrior or rogue for "the chance of recovery about 200-300 healing", while they can deal 1000 damage or more in 2-3 seconds on u?

Would u please consider making some changes on this seal of light thing? Like other healing classes, we dunt have time to hit the enemy to recover about 200-300 health "each chance".

We PALADINs, need PASSIVE healing spell!

First of all, Earth Shield is a 41-point shaman restoration talent. Seal of Light is a core ability that is also one of many seals that a paladin has at his/her disposal. It's also a situational seal as it's effectiveness can vary depending upon spec and gear (mostly weapon) as well. Furthermore, all seals can be judged -- there are times that this is a great seal to judge upon an enemy.

Judging the seal grants healing for all players hitting the target with melee strikes, ignoring weapon speed, i.e. members of a group who have a fast weapon will receive more healing.

Lastly, I will say that I will discuss with design next week to see if we're comfortable with its current degree of effectiveness.
#38 - Dec. 2, 2007, 11:49 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

Is that SoL or Earth shield?

Seal of Light. Earth Shield may still yet see further improvement (no promises, just saying we know how many you feel). However, at the moment, the mana cost reduction on Earth Shield was a step in the right direction.

Keep in mind, when I posted the change I said "substantially" reduced. It was actually reduced by 50%
#42 - Dec. 2, 2007, 11:52 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

If we didn't have to refresh so often, I'd put it up all the time. How about making it 2 minutes? Please?

I will bring this up, as well as the other suggestions on the matter detailed in this thread.