Make Molten Core useful again!

Forum Avatar
#0 - Dec. 12, 2007, 9:18 p.m.
Blizzard Post
I levelled my first character to 58 when BC came out, and consequently, I have never gotten to see any of the endgame content from level 60. Nobody wants to run those dungeons anymore. As soon as you're 58, head to outlands. It seems like such a waste! Dungeons on the way up still get used, but not the endgame ones. You should fix that.

Here is a proposal for a way to do that :

Make them doable as 5 man instances (say by level 65ish) so they are PuGable, and have new drops in them that ONLY drop in those instances, but can be used to create sweet rares and epics.

For instance, if you want, say, an UberMaceOCasting for your Paladin, you need to collect a Molten Core Lava Orb (Held in Offhand), WitchDoctor Staff (2h caster staff) from ZG, FelLeather from a BC endgame instance, and maybe a FelStrider Toe (or somesuch world boss drop) for the counterweight on the end of the mace. Combine these four blue drops and you get an epic mace for your Paladin. This will encourage people to run the old end-game instances, as well as tie them into new dungeons. When new expansions come out, new recipies combining stuff from all the endgame dungeons (60-80) would be available.

You'd need to tinker with the endgame dungeons a little to keep 5 level 80's from breezing MC, maybe by having the monster levels scale to the average level of the party, (Or median, which would let up to 2 high guys help out lower level guildies get through tough instances) but at least people who weren't raiding before BC came out SEE some of these instances, and will let you keep the BC end game instances pertinant.
#16 - Dec. 12, 2007, 9:47 p.m.
Blizzard Post
We've just gotten off the phone with Majordomo Executus who has apparently been reading this thread, and he's asked that players please let his master sleep.