Macroes Overwriting themselves

#1 - Jan. 21, 2011, 6:53 a.m.
Blizzard Post
As the title says I have 5 or 6 macros in the <charactername> spesific tab and full in general (due to this bug). What it will do, regardless of how many I have in general after I create more character spesific macros it will copy itself into general tab, creating the EXACT same macro, overwriting another macro in the general tab hence handicapping my play a lot. Any edits done to the macro will bring the changes to general one and spesific one. Ive had quite alot of tickets on this and they told me to delete catche etc then use the interface reset and then finally they said that they did not support addons.
Forum Avatar
Customer Service
#25 - Feb. 3, 2011, 4:11 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Hi there, Plobster.

Did you exit World of Warcraft completely before trying to delete these 3 folders (Cache, Interface and WTF)?

If you did, try restarting your computer and then giving it another try. :)
Forum Avatar
Customer Service
#30 - Feb. 3, 2011, 5:51 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Okay, so after a little more investigation a colleague and I seem to have found a solution:

• First, make a backup of any macros you really want to keep by copying and pasting them to notepad.
  • Delete all of your macros, absolutely all of them from General and Character Specific.
  • Log out and back in again. This step is critical because it saves your (lack of) macros to the servers.
  • Recreate your macros using your backups, or create a few new ones.

This seems like an incredibly rare issue on our side that, unfortunately, deleting the folders didn't help with, though I would still recommend doing that as a first step just to be thorough.

Sorry for any inconvenience caused, Plobster, and thank you very much for your patience whilst we tried various things. :)
Forum Avatar
Customer Service
#32 - Feb. 4, 2011, 9:04 a.m.
Blizzard Post
You're welcome. Glad we could help! :)