List of Proposed Concerns and Suggestions to Address Them

Table of Contents
1. Introduction
2. General Concerns
3. Spec Specific Concerns
4. Conclusion
Extra: Wishlists

1. Introduction

Patch 2.4 is fast approaching (or so I would assume) and in an attempt to get our concerns out there, I’m back again with yet another thread. This time I’ll be covering concerns that have yet to be touched upon by previous patches, and providing suggestions and the best reasoning I can come up with for why I feel such changes are helpful. It should be noted however, that any suggestions made in this thread are made under the assumption that it is the only suggestion going into the game. If you are going to argue that anything in this thread is overpowered if everything went into the game, save your breath, I don’t want to hear it. However, constructive criticism is still welcome and I will make additions should people feel that they are a pressing matter.

ALSO! ANY COMMENTS REGARDING ANYTHING IN THE WISHLIST SECTION WILL BE DISREGARDED! ITS A WISHLIST FROM THE COMMUNITY TO MAKE SUGGESTIONS FOR UPCOMING PATCHES AND EXPANSIONS, NOTHING ELSE!

Since Shaman seem rather well rounded in PvE (except for a few minor things I will touch upon later), most of what I’ll be discussing will be in regards to PvP. Now I know this will bring upon the inevitable “lawlz sub-1500 arena rating”, however, I’ve got a good deal of PvP experience outside of Arenas at all stages of the game with all specs. (See: > 20k lifetime kills)…and Arena isn’t the only facet of PvP. So any comments regarding my Arena rating will be disregarded, so save your time unless you’re looking to be added to my ignore list.

I also will not be discussing the Totem System in this thread. So please, if you have any concerns or changes pertaining only to how the Totem System works, please start another thread. I’ve argued on several occasions about how to improve the Totems but it seems like a fruitless endeavour so I do not wish to waste my time on such things.

Enough negativity! It’s time to get on with Danemoth’s Shaman Concerns v3!

#440 - Feb. 11, 2008, 7:54 p.m.
Blizzard Post
I know that people have wondered if this thread was seen as well, so I'm just tagging it. I can see that Danemoth put a lot of work into it.
#448 - Feb. 11, 2008, 8:11 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

this is what i take out of this post

**if I post here, the shaman community will think I read the whole thread. Sounds like a good idea, since we are still nerfing them every patch. Atleast it will calm them down for 2.4**

Thats what I think he was really meaning when he "tagged" this thread.

I'm a she. :) I hope that helps in your future translations.
#461 - Feb. 11, 2008, 8:28 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

Neth quick question, I know its a little off topic, we gonna get free respecs in 2.4? I think we'd appreciate it.

It's the infamous "free respec?" question! Oh no!

I'll tell you the answer we usually give. Free respecs are done when we feel there have been major changes to talents, positioning etc that affect a large portion of the class in question. We've seen debates in the past as to what players feel is the point at which free respecs should happen vs. our own, and in the end, it comes down to what we feel is appropriate.

At current, there is nothing that would construe free respecs. Should that change though, we'll let everyone know.
#473 - Feb. 11, 2008, 9:55 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

Neth, when do I get my "Junior CM in-training" hat? :)

Who told you about the hat? We don't talk about the hat here.
#480 - Feb. 11, 2008, 10:01 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
The weirdest thing just happened. I was on page 24 of this thread, and there were 2 blue posts. On the same page. Should I scroll back and see wtf is going on?

Don't do it. You'll go blind. :(
#497 - Feb. 11, 2008, 11:59 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

Oh and one final note ....

Neth how are you enjoying your shaman ? :)

I still enjoy it. I have a few different classes I'm playing right now. :)