Warriors wellbeing and making Devs listen.

#0 - March 2, 2008, 1:18 a.m.
Blizzard Post
As this will be a very long "whine" thread about Warriors needing to stay warriors, and not some class which anyone will login to simply have a laugh at, just to log out from again after a few minutes, I will start posting most the nerfs and according buffs warriors have had from existing skills. PreTBC and TBC.

Also, i will write down why this is a buff or a nerf right below.

● PLEASE NOTE THAT NOT ALL OF OUR WHINE POSTS ARE PVP BASED ●

Patch 1.02
● Bloodrage: Now generates 10 rage immediately and 10 rage across the duration.

Patch 1.05
● Deathwish - Is now usable while under a Fear effect, and will also remove an existing Fear effect.

Patch 1.09
● Enrage - The talent will now grant 5/10/15/20/25% extra damage when enraged, instead of 8/16/24/33/40%

Patch 2.0.12
● Increased the health bonus from "Commanding Shout" by 50%.
● The cooldown on "Victory Rush" has been removed, and it can now be used up to 20 seconds after killing an enemy.
● "Thunder Clap" is now useable in Defensive Stance. In addition, the tooltip has been adjusted to indicate it causes additional threat.
● The rage normalization equation has been adjusted to grant more rage. The typical warrior should see an increase of 15% to 20% in their rage generation.
● The Enrage effect and Death Wish no longer stack.

Patch 2.3.3
● Challenging Shout: The chance for this ability to land successfully on its targets is now increased by
hit rating.
● Weapon Mastery (Arms) now reduces duration of Disarm effects against you by 25/50% rather than giving you a 50% chance to avoid or full immunity to Disarm effects
● Flurry reduced to 5/10/15/20/25% per talentpoint.

Many others i have not written down, just the major nerfs and buffs worth mentioning.
All nerfs rounded up, i'd come to a grand total of 31 over 3 years.

All we see here are PvP based nerfs, and some PvE ones too.
We've got a few slight buffs in PvP such as more HP from Commanding shout, increased rage generation.. (Not a buff, only a bugfix).

I'll start going down the path where I'll try to make various points now.

●PvP Crowdcontrolling and prevention, and our misery.
We're easy crowdcontrollable targets, we were harder to crowdcontrol earlier.
We've had some protection against it, but lost it.

● A Mage's polymorph: Whenever we saw a mage trying to polymorph us, we could pop our bloodrage which ticked for a 10 second duration and provided us with rage, has been removed. no more damage over time, you're a sheep. end of story.

● A Rogue's sap:
I am very well aware that we're able to use berserker rage to get out of sap, but why remove the ability to get us into combat? Now they can still sap us when we pop bloodrage and we're in defensive of battle stance. We used to like that big fat red "IMMUNE" that rogues saw whenever they were dumb enough trying to get close to us to try to sap us.

● A Hunter's trap:
The very same story basically, a no longer ticking bloodrage, no more trap removal.

● A Druid's Entangling roots:
Working as intended, just needs to be stopped casting when pummeled, and not sucessfully cast when i've landed a pummel and then still be cast 0.1 seconds later.
The very same goes for Cyclone or basically any other spell in game.

● A Warlock's Seduction from his or her pet-Succubus.
We USED to be able to get out of it with berserker rage, not anymore. Why?

● A Paladin's Repentence.
Equal to sap. Warriors in Battle/Defensive stances are vulnerable to being repented. I miss my bloodrage.

● Another Warrior's fear
I will bring up fear later, because this is the most rediculous skill we've got.

Shaman do not possess any form of crowdcontrolling (yet)and neither does the priest really.
Take in account, their fear is really unreliable because sometimes it breaks after somebody farts in your direction, and sometimes it doesn't break after you've had a nuclear bomb dropped on top of your head.

Many other classes have survivability and protection for a few seconds, why do we not have that?
Rogues can Vanish, or use cloak of shadows for 5 seconds for spell immunity, not to mention Cheat Death which at this moment is not working correctly either, but being taken full advantage of.

Paladins and Mages have their Divine Shield and Iceblock, which can be dispelled by priests who can use pain suppression on theirselves.

Hunters manage to avoid nearly every form of crowdcontrol with an option to full immunity to crowdcontrol for 18 seconds, including pets with Bestial Wrath+Aspect of the runrealfast. Scattershot+traps etc.

Shaman with ranged sloth effects, grounding totems and AoE movement impairing totems.

Druids with Barkskin, Bear/Cheetah Shapeshift forms, Cyclone and Entangling roots.

Warlocks with Sacrificing a voidwalker, Deathcoil, Healthstones as a last resort, not to mention 2 types of fears (instant when specced correctly) a pet that's able to silence casts and purge benificiary buffs as well as debuffs on their warlock masters and their parties.

Need i go on? I think not.

●Warriors and their Crowdcontrolling
No. We don't need Crowdcontrolling, we're mean fighting machines, supposedly dealing alot of damage, and fearing nothing but having out enemies tremble in fear before us.

Yea right, what a joke. Who am I kidding hahaha.

● A Warriors Skill Review.
Let's review all of the USELESS and BUGGED skills and talents that we have.
Reviewal by level of acquirement.

SKILLS.

â—‹ Rend
This is not worth being called a skill. It should be called an accident that happened when you missed with your weapon leaving a mark. it's nothing more than a mark.
Damage over time(DoT) dealt is way too low compared to other DoT's that other classes have.
I'd personally like to see this "skill" removed and be replaced with something of actual use, or either have its damage reworked. (And why can't we use this in Berserker stance? it's more likely for a raging mad warrior to rend his opponents than one that's calm, but ready for battle. /shrug

â—‹ Charge and Intercept
Whenever we charge somebody, we're stunning them as well. To do this we need to be in melee range which never happens when we charge. How often do we see our opponents run off, simply because we charge 2 feet away from them, causing lack of range for a hamstring or any other melee attack. Hitbox issue, needs to be taken a look at for a very long time already.
-Also It would be very nice if we could be able to charge OUT of snares. Since we can't charge TOO often already because of the crowdcontrolling we receive, i think that would be a nice asset to our valuable skill.

â—‹ Overpower
Another perfect example of something that can only be used in Battle stance.
Overpower seems something that a real strong person could make happen, let alone a very angry warrior in berserker stance, *hint hint* It doesn't make sense. Improved Overpower and their rage consumption are fine, i wouldn't even mind if it became 10 rage upon usage to be honest.

â—‹ Mocking Blow
Mocking blow is the equivalent of Taunt when the warrior is in Battle Stance. It has a longer cool down, and costs 10 rage whereas Taunt is free. This means it can't be used as liberally as Taunt for regaining aggro. Typically it is used when a high level mob is attacking a party member who has low health. If many mobs are attacking that party member, the better alternative is Challenging Shout.

â—‹ Intimidating Shout, a warrior's "fear"
Each class that is able to fear, has a chance of breaking their fear by damage dealth.
Chance : Possibility of certain event(s) to occur.
A Warrior's fear breaks after damage dealt of any kind. Be it a DoT, Wand Attack, or a critter hitting it for 1.
Not to mention a 3 minute cooldown. So i am scary only once per 3 minutes?

Solution: Shorten cooldown, make it last through damage with chance of breaking early upon damage taken.

â—‹ Execute
I don't really get why this is called execute. Ever since resilience has been introduced into WoW:Arena
there has been nearly not a single reason to use execute since it simply doesn't scale with damage dealt divided by rage-gain. Against targets with 450 resilience we have a very hard time executing.
Even with a full rage bar and an enemy below 20% Health, they hardly take any damage.
We're better off keeping Mortal strike up, than trying to execute somebody, wasting all of our hard-gained rage and then see our opponent healed back up which makes it physically immune to execute.

â—‹ Battle and Commanding shout
No complaints about this whatsoever, except the duration could be increased somewhat, it wouldn't hurt anybody.

â—‹ Pummel
Perhaps this should be a complete prevention of casting for the next 4 seconds(read: silence) instead of only 1 school.
I mean.. how you would feel after you get drilled in the face with a big plate gauntlet, not able to speak in 1 school, but able to in another?

Basically (Lore included) Pummel means hitting somebody in the jaw to prevent them from casting.
Casters cast by Verbal and Somatical movement, and a succesful pummel means they would not be able to speak for 4 seconds (Preventing them from casting). IF they are still able to cast in another school, this would clearly not be a pummel, merely an interrupt.

I think i'd speak for many of us if you could make this an allround silence for 4 seconds.
I see it happen often enough where a priest would just cast a mindblast on me, and i have to choose what to sacrifice. Me taking damage, and wait for him to cast a heal before i pummel, or interrupt his damaging spell, and let him cast a free heal. Mages that get interrupted casting a frostbolt by me, but polymorphing me 1.5 seconds after befcaise their Arcane school hasn't been silenced.

-Also pummels landing and casts being finish 0.1 seconds afterwards doesn't
#501 - March 19, 2008, 2:41 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Post count extended.