What's your take on rogues?

#0 - March 13, 2008, 6:03 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Do you think they're the new warlock class, destined to be buffed every patch for the next 2 years, despite being disgustingly overpowered already?

Or do you think their current godlike status is an aberration that the devs will nerf to hell, like resto druids?

In other words: Did Kalgan's kid put his warlock on the shelf and roll a rogue? Because if he did, I'm going to roll one too.
#35 - March 13, 2008, 6:56 p.m.
Blizzard Post
I'm told by players that after losing to some rogues last night on the Tournament Test Realm that we apparently have to nerf them. Soo.....
#73 - March 13, 2008, 7:24 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
As long as it's a focused nerf I'm fine with it. I don't think daggers could get any worse if you tried.

I lost several duels last night but after the one with the rogue everybody started blurting it out. So considering this started as just random comments from people last night, it should stay that way. We'll see what get blurted out after the next couple of duels that I lose. ;-)
#149 - March 13, 2008, 9:34 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
This assumes there was ANY humour in that post at all.

It was LOADED with humor.
#162 - March 13, 2008, 10:23 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
Get someone you know that isn't part of the inside joke to read it. Ask them for an honest opinion of how it sounds to them. Don't lead them and see what they say. Now think for a moment that they represent about 8-9 millions players who don't get the "inside humour". Then maybe you'll understand what i'm trying to tell you.

See you think what you said was funny and it was to you and your buddies. Maybe just maybe it wasn't to anyone else....

It looks like a few people in this thread got the joke, but I appreciate the feedback and I'm sorry if you found anything offensive. Just to summarize and prevent confusion, here is what happened:

-I lost a duel to a rogue while playing a warrior
-Multiple players shouted now rogues will be nerfed
-We all laughed
-I shared this fun time on the community forums
-We [most of us] laughed
-In no way is my personal loss in the duel impacting rogues
#174 - March 14, 2008, 12:06 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
Now I see how balancing goes now in this game. The devs play against each other and are so horrible that they balance the classes based off of the way they play. This is the statement that concerned me "
-I lost a duel to a rogue while playing a warrior ". How on gods green earth do you lose a duel against a rogue as a warrior? well at least we know how balancing goes in this game.

While I did win the vast majority of fights against rogues, I'll be happy to answer this.

-I continuously dueled players for several hours, eventually something can go wrong
-I am not a professional warrior player, just picked it to have some fun
-I often didn't use or didn't have my cooldowns as they didn't clear up from previous fights as I was just there to have fun
-I often fought people who would use every cooldown possible to beat me
-I sometimes answered whispers or did something else in the chat window in the middle of duels
-When I was enlarged later in the evening it was hard to see where things were

I'm not trying to create excuses so much as explain the situation - I admit I was beaten fair and square by numerous players. Some fights were close, some not so much, but the goal was to have fun and I think a lot of people got that. :)