Make drinking to get mana quicker !

#1 - Jan. 27, 2011, 10:04 a.m.
Blizzard Post
It would be nice if mana regen drinking when out of combat was quicker.
I have no problem with mana management during fights but being constantly oom after every trash pack is a pain for me and the rest of the party.
Making your mana renew quicker when drinking would reduce time to complete instances without removing the difficulty.
Helping us players with limited time to play.
Forum Avatar
Community
#6 - Jan. 27, 2011, 11:05 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Mana regeneration can be a bit of an issue at first, before you get some better healing gear and fully adjust to the mechanics changes between Wrath and Cataclysm. Maybe try getting your Spirit up even higher, and also look into the heals you're using and ensure you're using only the ones you're really needing to use.

Be mindful of high cost mana heals that could be replaced by slower but more efficient ones, for example -- often there can be more time to heal someone up than you may think there is at first (maybe you might get a bit panicky like I can at times!). It can sometimes be a bit tricky to stop thinking about trying to get everyone up to 100% health like in Wrath and instead focus on what's really necessary right now.

Once you've become more comfortable with the changes to your class, and especially once you've got your Spirit higher, you should hopefully only rarely need to drink between pulls. It took me a while to get to this point on my priest, and until I got there I politely asked people to eat between pulls to ensure they started the next fight on full health, giving you time to drink and keeping them occupied at the same time! ;-)

Until then, if you're not grouping with people who are patient enough to wait for you to drink -- I've also encountered these folk on the dungeon finder -- then maybe consider grouping with friends and guildmates, who should hopefully be a bit more considerate.