#12 - April 29, 2008, 9:57 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
I want to be a gnome death knight pls

I'm thinking we might need can openers.
#16 - April 29, 2008, 10:02 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

who needs a can opener when you can hit it with a rock?

Where exactly are you going to hit it with a rock? It's not like you can flip them over to get at the soft underbelly.
#28 - April 29, 2008, 10:17 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
Not all races can be DKs? As long as gnomes can, I will be happy. If gnomes can't, expect a full fledged gnome riot.

We've said many times since BlizzCon, that we don't have any plans for race restrictions at this time.
#33 - April 29, 2008, 10:22 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
Hi Neth, I'm posting this so I can say there was one thread where you didn't delete my post :p

It's good to have goals. ;)
#35 - April 29, 2008, 10:29 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

i know you try to plz the biggest crowd that you can but i say race restrictions are needed to control the death knight population unless they're gonna be able to be tanks healers and dps in which case a 5 man of all deathknights can suceed. oh ya there gonna also need good cc if thats the case. Anyway point being who isnt gonna play a hero class over a normal class if they get everything they want i mean starting at 55 isnt gonna stop anybody.

Another issue i'm intrested in is how are you gonna balance death knights for pvp i mean the name "hero" usually suggests far beyond "normal".

I know there is a concern over whether or not everyone will just roll up a deathknight or not. From what I've seen, not everyone is really interested in the class and many people will want to get their main to 80 before even trying one. Even those that do try one, there is no telling if they end up loving the class or return to their main or some other class of their choosing instead. I believe that while there may be an initial glut of Deathknights, that it will work itself out over time and leave those that truly enjoy the class to keep playing it.

Death Knights will be balanced in with everyone else. They're labeled as a Hero class due to the idea that you will be able to start at a higher level with it than just starting at level one. It also has a new resource system that should be interesting to use. (Information was given out at BlizzCon about this as well.)
#40 - April 29, 2008, 10:33 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

I demand that you immediately write script that both nerfs and buffs everything. And don't tell me your not a developer, because I don't know the difference and I'm angry (I am sorry for the lack of all caps, it does sort of rob me of credibility).

And if you are a developer, then I demand you develop better. Your not developing good enough!

I want to be a Gnome though, A Gnome Rouge Death Knight. Yes, I said "Rouge".

I can do, "Hello World". I think that's about it right now. Give me some time though and maybe I can find a nice javascript to use instead.
#49 - April 29, 2008, 10:40 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
k i also have another question neth. Will i be able to trade my shaman for a 70 deathknight? Im gonna be honest i think this class is dieing and although it was easily my favorite class for a long time even ive kinda lost intrest find myself playing alts. I mean our glory days of the 60 game are gone and we cant do anything special also the happiest ppl on the shaman boards are keyloggers. Imo we shouldve got cyclone not druids they had roots but its your guys's game you do what you want with it im just playing it.

You won't need to "trade" a class for a class. You'll just need an empty character slot and create your deathknight. We don't want people to feel as if they must sacrifice a character for the sake of creating another one. That said though, for those with a full character list, you may end up having to practice a little strategic deletion.
#71 - April 29, 2008, 11:15 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

Another reason that supports limiting race for the Death Knight class. Originally people thought you had to unlock the class with your current character. So limiting races for the quest to do so would have been unfair. But since you're just rerolling a completely different character there is no "unfairness" in having the class be limited to 1 or 2 races per faction. It's just as "unfair" as not being able to make a BE warrior. Which is pretty fair btw.

You will still need to have a character on your account of the appropriate level to even be able to make a deathknight.
#89 - April 30, 2008, 12:20 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
I'm still somewhat skeptic about your idea of death knights starting at high levels.

How will this affect weapon skills?

Does this mean someone can hit level 70 on a PVE server and roll a high level death knight on a PVP server and camp low level zones?

How will this affect new servers? When a new server opens up, will you have to restrict the creation of death knights on it for a few weeks?

What kind of gear will they start with?

Will they have gold on them at the start? If not, how will they be able to afford things that characters of their levels would need? And if you just put a few simple quests that give lots of money to death knights, isn't it dangerous that gold farmers will simply start death knights over and over again and transfer the cash?

Where's the beef?

More details will be revealed in time. We are doing our own check list of the whats, hows, whys as well.

The beef is in Mulgore I hear.