Progression order for BT/Hyjal?

#0 - May 13, 2008, 3:36 a.m.
Blizzard Post
I'm running a guild thats cutting its teeth in Mount Hyjal and is about to head into Black Temple as well.

I'm sorta wondering what the general opinion of progression order is for the first few bosses. We've already done Rage Winterchill.

My thought was maybe:

1/5 MH -> 2/8 BT -> 3/5 MH -> 3/8 BT

or something like that.

What are your thoughts?
#10 - May 13, 2008, 8:48 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
I'm running a guild thats cutting its teeth in Mount Hyjal and is about to head into Black Temple as well.

I'm sorta wondering what the general opinion of progression order is for the first few bosses. We've already done Rage Winterchill.

My thought was maybe:

1/5 MH -> 2/8 BT -> 3/5 MH -> 3/8 BT

or something like that.

What are your thoughts?

In my opinion it kind of depends on how much your guild raids per week. What my guild did was kill the first two bosses of Hyjal and spend what time we had left (for the night) moving into Black Temple. Each week, we killed them faster and had more time for BT, and as we moved through BT we were also able to get more done with the time we had.

We're currently four into Hyjal and four into Black Temple. We raid for 11 to 13 hours per week , so I've been happy with our progression. =)
#55 - May 15, 2008, 12:09 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
Vasjh and kael are quite difficult, and in my opinion, not worth the effort. Depends on how well geared your players are. You might not be able to get well rounded gear out of the first bosses in hyjal/bt alone, but badge gear will let you fill in the gaps.

For me, killing Vashj and Kael was very important. I tend to enjoy fights that present a great challenge and are tuned with a high level of complexity. Additionally, the exalted Hyjal rep rings are pretty sweet, and I'd not want to pass up a best in slot item, personally.
#59 - May 15, 2008, 12:25 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

99% sure that he didn't.

lol -- assumptions make my soul giggle! And so what if it were that I didn't kill Kael. Oh, that's right -- my life wouldn't hold any meaning whatsoever. I'd also be unable to place a key accomplishment on my professional resume. I certainly couldn't be able to look my family and friends in the eye ever again. It probably also goes without saying, that I'd no longer be eligible to enter heaven.
#64 - May 15, 2008, 12:48 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
Awww, c'mon...

I hear all whelps go to heaven...

:)

Oh, phew -- such a relief. :P
#65 - May 15, 2008, 12:50 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

Or in other words: NO, his guild didn't kill Kael, and the fight is too much for them to handle.

We actually just split up into five groups and head to regular magister's terrace.
#68 - May 15, 2008, 12:53 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

I'm sorry, with a 45s internal cooldown (among other things), I fail to see how those rep rings are best-in-slot for *ANY* class, much less a Prot Paladin (if you are indeed still playing him).

We agree to disagree.
#72 - May 15, 2008, 12:59 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

I'm sorry, with a 45s internal cooldown (among other things), I fail to see how those rep rings are best-in-slot for *ANY* class, much less a Prot Paladin that has spent any sort of time actually playing their toon instead of being carried through T5 content by their guild because they joined before the actual learning and such happened.

I joined the guild when we were barely three bosses into SSC and two (and Solarian had been killed once) into TK. I was hardly carried, and you have no idea what my contributions have been.

I love the smell of elitism.
#81 - May 15, 2008, 1:52 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

I think I need a change of pace; stop tanking for a bit or something. =( But I can't easily do that because of gear needed for SWP. Things kind of build on themselves.

Just remember it's just a game and having fun should always be your greatest priority. Greater than being the number one guild on your realm, or having the best gear. The game gives you the luxury of having infinite lives, but in the real world you only live once. So, enjoy yourself. =)