Death knight question

#0 - May 21, 2008, 8:52 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Ok what iv been told by people is that at lvl 55 you will be able to make a death knight.

are you only alowed to be a death knight of the same faction?

Becouse In my opinion the Human Death knight will own hard core. but i dont want to be a bloodelf death knight.
#1 - May 21, 2008, 8:56 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
Ok what iv been told by people is that at lvl 55 you will be able to make a death knight.

are you only alowed to be a death knight of the same faction?

Becouse In my opinion the Human Death knight will own hard core. but i dont want to be a bloodelf death knight.

It should hold to the same idea of character creation now in regard to PvP or PvE. So if you are on PvE you could make them of the opposite faction, the same as you can now. On PvP, you should be restricted to the same faction for creation.
#19 - May 21, 2008, 9:27 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

Stop saying this. If you have a level 55 character on one server, then you can make a Death Knight on any server* (limit 1 per server).

*Bornak (I think) clarified that if a server is not yet open to transfers, then you need a level 55 on that server to create a Death Knight. Once it's open to transfers, though, it's fair game.

This is correct. At this point in time, we don't have any further limitations on the creation. As always, I like to give a caveat that this could change if we feel it's necessary.
#31 - May 21, 2008, 10:55 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
Neth: Are there any plans to maybe offer other classes at the lvl55 mark one day? My question can also be reversed.

As I understand it, the whole point in allowing Death Knights to start at 55 is to quickly boost them into end-game content. What happens if I want to make a lvl 29 DK twink? What if I want to start a high-level alliance character on another server (say to play with David Robinson and his female Gnome), but I don't want to play a death knight?

It would be great to one day have the option of starting as a lowbie, or to start closer to end-game.

Part of the idea behind what makes the Death Knight a Hero class is that it starts at a higher level. It also has a unique resource system, look, etc. We are creating a quest series specifically for this class to teach people how to play it effectively and get them to experience the story line that goes along with this new class. Making it available at a much lower level isn't something we have any intentions of doing at this point in time.

Is it possible we will make level 55 available to other characters? I don't know. I find it unlikely given the leveling increases we have done from level 20 to 60, and it's possible we may do some other things that will affect leveling (though that's not a certainty either). We want to maintain the uniqueness of the Death Knight in the meantime.

Of course, we're always watching for constructive discussion and feedback on elements of the game that we can improve upon.
#34 - May 21, 2008, 11:02 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

One concern that will undoubtedly pop up is... if someone only has level 55+ characters on PVE servers, they will be able to create a level 55 DK on a PVP server. (according to your earlier post - no other restrictions at this point)

This allows people who have not leveled on a PVP server to jump in at a more competitive level and skip over a lot of grief. I'm not yet decided on whether this is a good idea or not, but some people will propose that a player will be required to have a level 55+ character on an existing PVP server to create a DK on a PVP server.

We're aware of this concern, but don't have any plans to change this at this time.

Remember, even if you start there at 55, there will be a lot of other people working their way up to 80 and some bigger fish to watch out for in the pond, so to speak.