Patch 2.4.3 releease date

#0 - June 22, 2008, 9:47 a.m.
Blizzard Post
okay people so when is it coming out? i cant seem to find a realese date anywhere and im so excited about mounts at lvl 30 so any idea when it's being released?
#8 - July 14, 2008, 10:51 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
okay people so when is it coming out? i cant seem to find a realese date anywhere and im so excited about mounts at lvl 30 so any idea when it's being released?

Soon... on a Tuesday. Mark it on your calendar! :)
#19 - July 14, 2008, 11:16 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

It's a pity that your development team doesn't have a firm deadline on these type of things.

C

Firm deadlines have a way of sometimes becoming diaphanous if the situation is right. In the past, when we have given specific patch dates, people have come to expect them to be a constant, and while it's an understandable expectation, if we can't give a specific date, people are then disappointed. They then say things such as "well you told us when X happened, why not this time? What's wrong!?" :) Consistency on what we tell and when we tell it may be frustrating for some people, but we'd much rather be consistent where we can rather than risk disappointment or incorrect conjecture. While we have broken our own guidelines from time to time, there are methods to the madness.

Internal deadlines don't always translate to external notice of them.
#29 - July 14, 2008, 11:30 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

I'm sure you have internal deadlines, but if you don't post them externally, it's much easier to slide through those internal deadlines. It speaks to less accountability to your customers.

At a minimum, you should know by now whether it is coming out tomorrow and the community would appreciate if you can convey that information.

C

Accountability to us means releasing something when we feel it's ready to be released and meets our standards. If we slide through an internal date, it has its reasons and means we're holding ourselves to a promise we made to put out our best work possible.

Otherwise, at most I can say is this thread is something to talk about and may prove to be an exercise in just merely passing the time. :)