Country restictions? Why? Precisely please!

#0 - July 30, 2008, 10:35 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Your account is not allowed to access to this page because of its country

Ok my question is, as i come from a family that does law for living, what kind of law is my country lacking (Croatia) or having that prevents me from sending a scroll of resurrection to my friend.

So not "some law" or "your country sux" i just want to see type of the law that is needed for this things to happen.
I want Croatia to move to EU and even these kind of laws help.

So blue posters please respond, precisely what kind of law prevents this/is needed to support this.

We are a regular paying customers and i want to know why are we discriminated from the rest of the people.

Thank you.

Edit: Just to sample a response i am looking for:
Law about online gambling and games part xxx section yyy. Your country needs to have that.
#13 - July 30, 2008, 12:16 p.m.
Blizzard Post
While we usually can't go into specifics about legal text and individual countries, I can mirror what others have said here already; Blizzard has no interest or intent to restrict the availability of this service based on countries or regions. We'd like to offer it to everyone, but simply can't.

Such restrictions on services, and also contest and competitions, are due to either a clear conflict with the laws and regulations of the country, or due to the laws and regulations being unclear or even non-existing (in which case we'd run a high risk of legal repercussions - we don't gamble with the law).
#18 - July 30, 2008, 12:45 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
PS: "Treat your password like your toothbrush. Don't let anybody else use it, and get a new one every six months." Best sig I have seen for a long while.

All credits go to Clifford Stoll. I should add that, actually.