Badges of Justice in Wrath

#0 - July 31, 2008, 5:08 p.m.
Blizzard Post
I'm curious as to what will happen with BoJs come the expansion. Will the old heroics just stop giving them, or will they be made items with which to buy old, outdated epics?

Basically I want to know if I should spend them on vortexs or actually keep them?
#18 - July 31, 2008, 5:30 p.m.
Blizzard Post
The current Badges of Justice should still be obtainable via level 70 heroic dungeons after Wrath of the Lich King launches but only used for level 70 gear. We currently plan to continue with a badge type of system, but new ones will drop in Wrath of the Lich King.
#34 - July 31, 2008, 5:46 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

Ok, now that this is known.. Go turn them all in for gems/vortexes before the prices drop.

We talked about this a bit in the last episode of BlizzCast, like how we plan to expand on the system and possibly have different tiers of badges and such, so this can't come as a big surprise that you can't stack up 800 Badges of Justice and buy level 80 gear right away.
#41 - July 31, 2008, 5:58 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

I wasn't expecting to be able to do this, and I'm glad I won't be able to. Just needed to know if they were going to vanish or whatnot.

In a sense they will vanish though, we are looking into a separate storage system for them so instead of piling up in your bank they will go there instead. We'll see what we can do. ;-)
#46 - July 31, 2008, 6:18 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

As was stated earlier, what about arena/honor points? Are we going to be able to keep those for transition in to Wrath? I assume it would be transferred Honor wise, as I don't see a reason why they wouldn't but confirmation on this would be great.

Thanks for being so informative Bornakk! :D

We are still working out the details on how we want to handle honor/arena points, we'll have more details soon enough though.