Second expansion, no player housing.

#0 - July 31, 2008, 10:08 p.m.
Blizzard Post
I don't see whats so hard. Add a new trade skill to build crap.. Add some stats to the crap like if you have this bed you get rested faster. Add some chests for storage.. Maybe have some wooden dummies to put your old raid gear on you'll never use again.

All of this in theory isn't that hard to do. I doubt a lot of people would mind if the next big patch didn't open the doors to some terrifying evil castle as opposed to the front door of a house.

I forget what Blizzards stance on this one was, but 'lemme guess..... Never going to happen ammi'rite?
#6 - July 31, 2008, 10:12 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
I don't see whats so hard. Add a new trade skill to build crap.. Add some stats to the crap like if you have this bed you get rested faster. Add some chests for storage.. Maybe have some wooden dummies to put your old raid gear on you'll never use again.

All of this in theory isn't that hard to do. I doubt a lot of people would mind if the next big patch didn't open the doors to some terrifying evil castle as opposed to the front door of a house.

I forget what Blizzards stance on this one was, but 'lemme guess..... Never going to happen ammi'rite?

We've said that this is a possibility for sometime in the future, however, it's not something we have specific plans for. If we do implement something like this, we want to make sure that it's done in a way that brings the most benefit to the game, is fun, and doesn't necessarily seclude people from one another since World of Warcraft is still a social game.

If you wish to share suggestions on what you'd like to see should we implement player housing, please post it in the suggestions forums. In general, this topic tends to be a bit of a powder keg in the forums and spurs a lot of arguments about whether it should or shouldn't be in the game.