jaw dropping damage

purging soul link

the chest of gold at the bottom of the molten core

the zone of ultimate safety

the idiots run

PWIF

1 minute WotF

Tseric

REMEMBER WHEN I SAID I WOULD KILL YOU LAST!

kiting Kazzack

god dr00d healing is so underpowered

blinding powder

the reckoning bomb

shadowmend

the pristine hide of the beast

the WINfury

my staffs a gud 1

EVERYONE GET INTO THE POISON

Arcanite reaver, HO!

spending 10 minutes as a sheep in a mage duel

unending breath grinding

innervate should be core

nerf 3 minute mages

pet bombing the auction house

deathcoil? i didnt even put it on my toolbar

the 45 minute timer

why do pallies have a prot tree? or a ret tree, for that matter

sum dr00ds ifs 4 fite

and lastly....

pop enrage

#4 - Aug. 1, 2008, 3:30 p.m.
Blizzard Post
The Time
When We Fell In Love
Do You Remember The Time
When We First Met
Do You Remember The Time
When We Fell In Love
Do You Remember The Time

Bucklers on rogues...

Dwarf Mages...

Learning you could eat and drink at the same time...

Then learning you could eat drink and stealth at the same time...

Undead players could be shackled...

#23 - Aug. 1, 2008, 3:35 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

could be wrong, but i believe that was only beta, i dunno if passive WotF ever made live, which is why i went with 1 minute.

like i said, it may have for a while, those first few patches were so buggy and unbalanced you still FELT like you were in an early beta project

It didn't make it to live without the limitation on it.

Also remember that the amount of time on the Undead Unending Breath became not so unending after a few unfortunate gnome related 'accidents' . Silly gnomes kept following undead into the water. It was sort of like watching Jaws, "Don't go in the water! Don't go in the water! Oh no... they went in and they're splashing around... I can't look."

Things change and evolve. Memories are amazing things but every day is a new opportunity to make new ones. :)
#47 - Aug. 1, 2008, 3:55 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
I remember when Blizzard cared about their RP community. Oh, wait... No I don't.

Let's not derail the thread please. I'm going to be a bit firm with you here because I know you can take it. I myself both RP and PvP (not necessarily at the same time given that's hazardous to your health).

There is an inherent problem with enforcing RP, and that comes down to "what exactly is or isn't in need of being enforced and how do you do it?" There is no way that GMs can go around and police who is RPing correctly or not. Now, aside from that, for those that are on RP realms and running into people that don't respect the very nature of the realm, they can report them to the GMs for things such as name violations or disrupting the realm.

Aside from that, there are things going into Wrath of the Lich King that perhaps people will find some renewed excitement for in the RP realm. Take Dalaran for instance. I have to say, our props team has been working extremely hard to make the city feel alive, lived in, magical, and truly an amazing place to work, live, play, visit, vacation in or what have you. Inns have a bigger feel to them and are perfect setups for guild meetings, events and gatherings. There are many little touches throughout that hopefully people will take the time to notice and appreciate. (Dalaran is but one example btw.)

The GM department does the best they can to enforce what they can, but there are too many cases where perception of what is and isn't Role-play is wholly subjective. You know this, I know this. The best thing you and all the rest of the Role-play community can do, is to do what you do to the best of your ability and don't let anyone stop you from having fun the way you want. As long as you aren't breaking the rules of the game, nothing they say can stop you except if you let them.

There will always be people who don't understand why people role-play. They won't understand what the fascination is in living through your character and telling a tale of why they are who they are. It's a creative release that many people are even intimidated by because they don't want to look silly or do it wrong also. Just let your characters come alive and don't worry about the small things or the small people that don't understand it.

On the flip side, be patient with those that don't understand it or maybe don't live up to your standards of what RP is. Everyone needs a chance to play their own way and being open and understanding of new people trying something new, goes a long way to making the entire environment a better place to play.

In this case, RP isn't what the GMs do or what we do on our end. It's what you do with what you have and how you make it work. We have a very very creative community here.

That said, we have a Suggestion forum and a Customer Service forum. If you have suggestions on how we can make the RP realm of the game better, post in the suggestions forums. If you want to voice concerns that fall into the realm of Customer Service, please talk to our Customer Service people. They'll listen and they'll give you the best possible answers they can.

#58 - Aug. 1, 2008, 4:05 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

Step away from the computer Mr. Predator.

P.S. I remember when Blizzard cared about PvP.. oh who am I kidding, arenalol.

No. Just no. Seriously. Let's stop this trend this morning. It's Friday and I'm in a good mood so far. Dig deep and find something positive to say. I know you can do it.
#68 - Aug. 1, 2008, 4:09 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
I remember when Blizzard hated Paladin :*(

BUT NOW THEY LOVE US! =D <3

We love all our children equally, just sometimes it involves tough love.
#74 - Aug. 1, 2008, 4:11 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Painful. You call yourself a servant of the Light! Where were the hugs??
#91 - Aug. 1, 2008, 4:19 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

Massive blue wall of text crits you for 112939, you die.

Seriously, biggest blue post ever.

No. Not biggest ever. This was pretty brief. ;)
#98 - Aug. 1, 2008, 4:22 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

Pretty brief? Link us a big wall of blue then?

It's much too early for that and I want you to go into the weekend unburdened by the trappings of too many words piling up, percolating, and becoming your morning coffee again. ;)
#118 - Aug. 1, 2008, 4:35 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

Whatever that buff by class mod was and decursive. The two button Paladin.

EDIT: Neth, if it's not too much trouble, could you answer whether or not beta invite "waves" will have notifications on the forums or if the notification already up is all we'll be getting?

We don't have plans to post anything new when a new wave has gone out, but I can say there was one recently and we have plans for more waves of invites fairly soon again. Also, keep an eye on the official fansites. They should have a few tricks up their sleeves as well.