Purple No Longer Means Anything

#0 - Aug. 1, 2008, 4:53 p.m.
Blizzard Post
With so many "epics" to choose from when gearing out your character, and these epics mind you ranging in power from lowly heroic dungeon purples to sunwell gear, the "value" of an "epic" has gone down considerably. Think about it, all pvp gear, some heroic, kara, raids, crafted gear.... all epic. It's a joke. Why not just have an item lvl in place of the color of the gear? I'd rather see [Despair lvl 117], than just [Despair] and instantly have a better idea of how powerful the weapon is. It's like when I see stuff like this in lfg channel.. "lf1m tank full epic geared run", usually that means everyone has low lvl epics, and it means nothing other than those characters don't have greens/blues. Yet because epics can range so much, that same group could be sporting sunwell epics with items that are 50+ item lvls higher?

Just put the item level on the gear already, and drop the color--its lost its value.
#3 - Aug. 1, 2008, 5:02 p.m.
Blizzard Post
It is also very late in the cycle of The Burning Crusade, so yes, there are more level 70 items available then ever before and that includes a lot of epic items. Wrath of the Lich King is coming and you might not be so purple then...
#51 - Aug. 1, 2008, 5:38 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

Aha! So you admit to purposely implementing green gear that will immediately make our epics outdated as soon a new expansion hits. So not cool, man.

I guess that depends on what epic gear you have. Not everybody had theirs immediately replaced in The Burning Crusade and not everybody will have it replaced this time, but level 80 gear should be some pretty good stuff, yes.
#83 - Aug. 1, 2008, 5:54 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

fgdsfd. Way to respond to a reply 2 pages earlier in the thread, and that has very little bearing on the topic of the thread.

How about this then?