Non-WWI/Blizzcon Beta Keys

#0 - Aug. 1, 2008, 8:02 p.m.
Blizzard Post
What dates can we expect the first batch of these to go out?
#1 - Aug. 1, 2008, 8:03 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
What dates can we expect the first batch of these to go out?

If you mean opt-ins, we've already sent out many invitations to random people within the Opt-in pool. We'll be doing more over time if you didn't get in yet.
#10 - Aug. 1, 2008, 8:09 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

Thanks for the information Neth, have a good long weekend (/cheer for Canada)

No long weekend here yet, but you enjoy yours as well! Do something fun!
#15 - Aug. 1, 2008, 8:12 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
i find this hard to believe because you would see all these frantic posts about how people got the opt in beta and i havent seen any of these plus one of the blues is tossing around false information about opt ins too so...

Not sure what false information you are referring to, but we do have the Opt-in information the same as indicated in the sticky of Wrath information.

Also, most people when they get their invites, start getting their download going and focus on getting onto the beta forums and in the game more than they do coming to these forums to brag about it.
#18 - Aug. 1, 2008, 8:15 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

Do you have an estimate on the Blizzcon beta keys? Why have Opt-ins started to go out and not everyone with Blizzcon codes got theirs?

You may have missed the cutoff (first one) on registering your BlizzCon code. I believe there will be another set of invites for those that missed that first round.
#38 - Aug. 1, 2008, 8:37 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

Well yes, I was referring to the second set of invites. I thought Opt-ins were going out after all Blizzcon keys were sent out?

Opt-ins did go out after BlizzCon and WWI keys were sent, but we also made it clear that those that hadn't registered yet, would need to do so before August 1st so they could be included at some point as well. Opt-ins we are sending out to random people in waves. We'll catch up the BlizzCon and WWI people where we can provided they get themselves registered . We weren't going to hold up the entire process but still wanted to make sure everyone gets a fair opportunity to get in.

Q u o t e:
oh its a girl? i didnt know

It's normally not polite to refer to people as "it". It's a bit dehumanizing don't you think? Of course you do. I'm glad we're on the same page now.
#41 - Aug. 1, 2008, 8:41 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

Serious question for a moment: How are people informed? Something in account management? In-game mail? Email to the address tied to their account?

They receive emails with instructions on what they should do. Please be aware that there are still some unscrupulous people who are trying to pass around fake emails so be careful.
#44 - Aug. 1, 2008, 8:42 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
Why is the only way to secure a spot in beta is to go to their conventions that most people cannot afford.

you need a new system to send out beta invites.

next wave inc...?

That is not the only way. :) Please keep an eye out on the various official fansites.
#54 - Aug. 1, 2008, 8:55 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

how can you be sure if it is real or fake?

We have a thread on the Customer Service Forum with some information on some phishing emails and what they are asking for. It may give you a good idea of what to watch out for.

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=965511383&sid=1