WOTLK Legit Email?

#0 - Aug. 5, 2008, 5:47 a.m.
Blizzard Post
So i opened my inbox today an i have this email, is it legit?

edit: by the way it was off : noreplyeu@blizzard.com

Wrath of the Lich Kingâ„¢ beta test

You have been selected to participate in the beta test of World of Warcraft®: Wrath of the Lich King™. Welcome!

In the beta test you will get an opportunity to play the new Northrend continent, the Death Knight hero class, and character levels above 70. We look forward to your feedback on the overall experience, including quests, monsters, zones, aesthetics, and more. We would also appreciate reports on any bugs you may encounter. These can be logged using the /bug command explained below.

Getting started:

In order to participate in the beta test, you must upgrade an existing retail account which has been upgraded with The Burning Crusade®, allowing you to connect to the Wrath of the Lich King™ test realms. The World of Warcraft®: The Burning Crusade® game client that you use must be patched up to version 2.4.2 or later in order to install the beta test client.

Go to http://beta.wow-europe.com/expansion expansion to download the installer, and copy character(s) to our test realms.

Please be prepared to enter the current retail World of Warcraft account name and password you use, and the appropriate beta code listed below to authenticate your eligibility to connect to the Wrath of the Lich King test realms. To participate in the beta tests, you must have a valid retail World of Warcraft account active and in good standing as of July 15, 2008.

Below is a beta code that will allow you to upgrade the Account you use to play World of Warcraft®: The Burning Crusade®. Each beta code can be used only once to upgrade an active retail World of Warcraft® account.

Wrath of the Lich King Beta Key:

*they put the beta key here but i wouldnt list it obviously*

Thank you for your time and attention to this matter, and your continued interest in World of Warcraft.

Regards,

Erazatel
Account Administration Team
Blizzard Entertaninment Europe
http://www.wow-europe.com/en

is this a legit email? i recieved it yesterday?

thanks
#21 - Aug. 5, 2008, 10:04 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Our Account Administration team does not send out beta invitations, hence this e-mail is surely a scam. Invitations will generally not be signed by an individual no matter who sends it.

To be absolutely sure, don't click the links in the e-mail but try enter the key and details at the beta signup page: https://beta.wow-europe.com/expansion/

Edit: deleted a couple of replies saying the mail in the first post is legit, as it's not. ;-)
#25 - Aug. 5, 2008, 10:18 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
Could you please clarify, how is it possible that some people claim that they have transfered their character?

They received a legit e-mail and beta key, I guess. There have been invitations going out, so not all mails are scams. I was just saying the one in the first post definitely is a scam. ;-)