Recruit A Friend - Denmark?

#0 - Aug. 7, 2008, 2:51 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
Players with a World of Warcraft account from the following countries are able to use the "Recruit A Friend" service: Austria, Finland, France, Germany, Italy, the Netherlands, UK, Norway, Sweden, Greece, Ireland, Belgium and Spain.

Does this mean, I can't invite a friend and get these benefits if I'm from Denmark? I would think it would be the same considering Norway and Sweden are listed.
#12 - Aug. 7, 2008, 3:19 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
Would it be possible to get Blizzard to change their minds on this?

Would be nice with a blue post, I'm sorry I missed the other posts.

The last one got locked because he was beeing very mouthy in hes thread I believe. ;)

While we usually can't go into specifics about legal text and individual countries, I can mirror what others have said here already; Blizzard has no interest or intent to restrict the availability of this service based on countries or regions. We'd like to offer it to everyone, but simply can't.

Such restrictions on services, and also contest and competitions, are due to either a clear conflict with the laws and regulations of the country, or due to the laws and regulations being unclear or even non-existing (in which case we'd run a high risk of legal repercussions - we don't gamble with the law).