Cant queue for Eots BG (bugged)

#1 - Jan. 7, 2011, 9:25 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Everytime I go to queue for Eots it says "Cannot join the queue unless all members of your party are in the same battleground level range" when I am clearly not in a party at all. I have relogged many times and still comes up with the same thing.
Forum Avatar
Support Forum Agent
#2 - Jan. 7, 2011, 9:37 a.m.
Blizzard Post
One thing to try - type

/script LeaveParty()

Exactly like that spacing, caps, etc. - see if it does anything.

Sometimes one can be stuck in a raidgroup, or even a normal party without it showing. If the server thinks you are grouped, it will act accordingly.
Forum Avatar
Support Forum Agent
#4 - Jan. 7, 2011, 9:58 a.m.
Blizzard Post
01/07/2011 1:55 AMPosted by Demacian
Still nothing, getting the same response.

Ok, have you tried resetting your UI? That's a good basic first trouble-shooting step even if it doesn't resolve a particular issue. A great many things can corrupt an interface, and your interface is basically everything that allows you to interact with the game world.

I'd give that a try next, and try this before re-adding ANY addons back into the mix.

To do a full reset UI, you will want to save your addons in another spot if you wish to preserve them.

Then rename/delete or move your WTF, Cache and Interface folders while WoW is shutdown. Reboot your system.

Note, if you are running Vista make sure your permissions are set so it does not undo your changes.

More detailed instructions for different operating systems, including Macs are here.

http://us.blizzard.com/support/article.xml?articleId=18761&searchQuery=reset%20UI&pageNumber=1
Forum Avatar
Support Forum Agent
#8 - Jan. 7, 2011, 10:03 a.m.
Blizzard Post
01/07/2011 2:00 AMPosted by Demacian
I dont use addons on this Laptop. So no, the UI wouldnt be a problem, and yes I also tried to do a /reload command just for safe measure.

While you may indeed be correct, addons aren't the only thing that can corrupt a UI.

Sometimes 'ungraceful' exits from the game can as well :)

If you have no addons, this should be very easy to do a reset on. /reload has it's uses, but it's not the same thing at all. If any of those three folders has an issue, that issue is going to persist until a fresh copy is made when you remove, delete or rename them at your next startup.

And this may not help, but it's always our first step to rule out anything that may be there.
Forum Avatar
Support Forum Agent
#10 - Jan. 7, 2011, 10:24 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Thank you for trying, Demacian. It's important to rule out those possibilities.

Can you tell me HOW you are queuing up for this?
Forum Avatar
Support Forum Agent
#14 - Jan. 7, 2011, 11:10 a.m.
Blizzard Post
01/07/2011 3:09 AMPosted by Bluray
Is EOTS not a level 60 and above BG as it was added with BC?

There are more, and lower brackets now.

But we're looking into this further. Not many reports, but we have found just a few that are similar.
Forum Avatar
Support Forum Agent
#16 - Jan. 7, 2011, 11:33 a.m.
Blizzard Post

It's appearing that one cannot enter EOS without at least Burning Crusade - and I do apologize, it didn't even occur to me to check that.

What we need to find out now, is if that's intended since the level brackets changed, but that's not likely an answer we'll get prior to this weekend.