Petition to address dancing and female looks

#0 - Aug. 11, 2008, 7:13 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Hi, thanks for hopping in. I'm getting a bit annoyed at the dance animations in game. They are, frankly, ruining the game immersion for me and this has been the whole three years of my playing. Dancing as such is an acceptable and lovely emote, but the chosen dances in WoW are unimaginative copies of modern dance. I honestly cannot find an anchor point to immersion, or realism, in this. The dances should imho be more classical and preferably historical. Nowadays people just can't, on average, dance like they did some hundred years ago and the modern wiggling is plain boring to watch. This concerns female characters especially, since their dancing is sexy, in a bad way. It looks whory to be blunt. Female dances in WoW, as I would like to see, would be graceful in motion and not the banale ass wiggling it is now. Another issue I would like to bring forward are the female looks in game: Their clothing is way too scanty and their skin seems to be unrealistically clean, as if a medieval high fantasy setting would have makeup options. This is severely ruining the immersion for me and I would like to see some stains and unclean hair. Since we have a lot of youth playing, I'd love to see more underclothing (and more realistic, dirty cloths and robes) on the females or a forced basic clothing on. I'm looking forward to the implementation of at least some of these proposed chances in WotLK. The one thing that this game has to offer is visuals and smooth animations. It is the thing that will make Warhammer online fall (since their animations just won't live to the immersion expectations of WoW players). This kind of animation superiority should be aimed towards gracefulness of the females instead of cheap looking dance which is an insult to the whole gender. Please take note of this and aim the futher development to the intellectual part of the community, instead of catering to the mediocrity which does not mind the !!@!ty females. Thanks for reading, love to hear your input. Farewell!
#43 - Aug. 12, 2008, 8:56 p.m.
Blizzard Post
I am sorry to hear you feel that the current dance animations are causing you so much grief. We hope the upcoming dance changes in Wrath of the Lich King will help to alleviate your angst. However, this thread must be closed as Petition threads violate our forum rules.