Raging Blow Nerf

#1 - Jan. 6, 2011, 4:13 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Why? It seems counter-intuitive since Heroic Strike is going to be nerfed.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#16 - Jan. 6, 2011, 6:39 p.m.
Blizzard Post
We've recently posted the PTR notes on the Test forum here- http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/1765534540

And it might be helpful to match those up with the hotfixes here- http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/1232869

You'll notice many of the patch notes are actually tooltip fixes and the corresponding hotfix is likely to be live already (as you can correlate in the hotfix notes.)

Also, it's important to note that we didn't nerf Raging Blow (Fury warrior talent). The attack continues to do 110% at level 80. We fixed a tooltip bug and it’s possible that you're seeing the base damage at level 39, which is 80%, and not the final damage at max level, which remains 110% as it has been for some time.

We would like to highly encourage everyone to read the full patch notes, the hotfixes, and give the PTR a try so they can give constructive feedback on the changes.

Please note that as with any PTR, things can and will change as we feel it's necessary.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#34 - Jan. 6, 2011, 9:35 p.m.
Blizzard Post
I'm going to channel Ghostcrawler here...

We nerfed Heroic Strike because it was doing too much damage. It is intended to be a rage dump, not the button you are most excited about pushing. We think the Incite talent is fun and interesting, so we chose to remove Heroic Strike from the more passive Warbringer instead. We’re fine with nerfing Arms PvP burst as a consequence, and Protection warrior single target dps was a little high compared to paladin and death knight tanks (Feral druids were also nerfed). We think Fury dps is about right or perhaps slightly low on live, so we don’t intend to lower their damage overall. Please keep in mind that the final list of class changes will likely be far longer than this. We don’t put up PTR builds when everything is finished – we put them up so we can test some things we are working on.

01/06/2011 11:23 AMPosted by Dôrn
You have made it clear that you (the devs) don't like HS contributing so much to our overall damage, but you just cut it down by 20% and didn't really do anything to compensate. I'm sorry, but mastery our mastery is pretty bad and a 0.9% increase per point isn't going to do anything. Fury is middle of the pack (perhaps where you want it) but a 20% nerf to one of our top 3 sources of damage is a pretty significant nerf when we really didn't need one at all.

Edit:
The war academy change will help a little bit with RB damage. At first glance it doesn't seem to be enough, but we'll have to see
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#41 - Jan. 6, 2011, 9:49 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Not exactly an invaluable post right here. I don't have an itchy ban finger right now, so I ask that you calm down, contribute useful discourse, or leave. Thanks.

01/06/2011 1:38 PMPosted by Haply
Oh great, the PR team has wandered into the DD forum, people who don't know the difference between content and contentment, deleting any posts that don't make them feel good.

Go ahead and ban me, my posts are among the most valuable here. You'll never collect anything useful if you don't listen to the unpleasant reality.