Question about the Lich spell pushback change

#0 - Aug. 11, 2008, 11:25 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Ok, so appearantly, in lich, only 2 hits will affect spell pushback, but my question is, what about the resisted pushbacks? you know, the ones that give you a 70% chance to resist a pushback? is it still only 2 hits? or is it 2 pushbacks? blue, please tell, i'm curious :D
#1 - Aug. 11, 2008, 11:53 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
Ok, so appearantly, in lich, only 2 hits will affect spell pushback, but my question is, what about the resisted pushbacks? you know, the ones that give you a 70% chance to resist a pushback? is it still only 2 hits? or is it 2 pushbacks? blue, please tell, i'm curious :D

If you avoid pushback from the first two hits there is still a chance pushback will occur. This change is simply a guarantee that you will not get pushback more than twice during any cast or channeled spell.

With this being said, the existing talents (such as fel concentration for Warlocks) that increase the chances a player will resist pushback are in the process of being reworked in light of this change. We'll provide more information on this as development progresses.
#15 - Aug. 12, 2008, 12:10 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

Ah, thank you for the answer. another question though; is this pushback from one target? or is it in one spell? Example: running a friend through...idk...sm. void walker dies, 20 mobs on me. is that 40 hits i have to deal with (2 from each target) while casting 1 seed of corruption, or is that just 2 hits on one cast, then it's done?

It's per cast.
#39 - Aug. 12, 2008, 1:07 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

Read: "you didn't really think we'd buff casters, did you."

You shouldn't translate my posts. The results have not been impressive thus far. :)