Disc Priest Changes: Build 13277 - Yeah Baby!

#0 - Nov. 10, 2010, 5:24 a.m.
Blizzard Post
If the changes on Wowhead are accurate, Disc Priests are in for quite a treat.

http://www.wowhead.com/blog=173506#priest

• Prayer of Healing: A powerful prayer that heals the friendly target's party members within 30 yards for 3633 to 3837 (up from 3027 to 3197)

• Divine Aegis: Critical Heals and all heals from Prayer of Healing create a protective shield on the target, absorbing 30% of the amount healed. Lasts 12 sec.

it's a HUGE buff to Prayer of Healing. PoH not only saw a throughput increase, but it ALSO procs Divine Aegis on EVERY target! Wooot!!!!

• Power Word: Barrier: Summons a holy barrier on the target location that reduces all damage done to friendly targets by 30%. While within the barrier, spellcasting will not be interrupted by damage. The barrier lasts for 10 sec (Down from 25).

PW:Barrier reduces ALL incoming damage by 30% for 10 seconds! Yeah baby!

• Grace: Your Flash Heal, Greater Heal, Heal and Penance spells bless the target with Grace, increasing all healing received from the Priest by [4%] 8%. The effect will stack up to 3 times. Effect lasts 15 sec. Grace can only be active on one target at a time. (Up from [2%] 4%)

And just for good measure, Grace was DOUBLED!

This priest was just made a very happy panda :)
#116 - Nov. 11, 2010, 5:13 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
They didn't change the spec because we made a lot of QQ. There were a lot of constructive threads with some of these suggestions mentioned. Were there some flamers and trolls? You betcha. But I refuse to believe that class change just comes down to which class "yells the loudest"

Yelling the loudest is a terrible way to get the designers to take your concerns seriously. In fact, we often see it backfire when players launch multiple long, angry threads on the same issue, get no response or changes, and then get even angrier because "clearly, they did all this work."

It only takes one good post. Tragically, you don't get to decide when your post is good enough, or it would be quite simple indeed to design your class by proxy.
#117 - Nov. 11, 2010, 5:18 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
I'd at least give these new changes a shot before filling out a new wishlist, considering that the new build went live as of about....oh....30 seconds ago.

I think the changes may just put Disc in the right spot for release. That's just suspicion on my part. I'll hold out my final verdict after I can get my hands on the changes and play with them a bit.

The intent was that with the new PW:Barrier and a very strong Prayer of Healing, Disc would be good at group healing, and buffing Grace would make sure they can deliver the throughput on a single target, since they can't layer as many multiple spells on the same target the way a druid can.

We're still looking at priest base heals though (Heal, Flash Heal, Greater Heal) because we're concerned neither Disc nor Holy is using them enough. If we end up buffing those then both Disc and Holy will be even stronger on single targets.

Q u o t e:
Disc mastery scales twice as much as Holy's, but Disc's only applies to one ability (PW:S).

It applies to Divine Aegis as well, which covers a lot of other spells.
#161 - Nov. 11, 2010, 11:03 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
Does this mean that our 31pt talent will scale with absolutely nothing?

Not mastery, not gear, not anything?

It scales very well with boss damage. :)