If GC gets fired over ret QQ, i will quit wow

#0 - Oct. 27, 2008, 4:51 p.m.
Blizzard Post
or at least, not be happy xD
#26 - Oct. 27, 2008, 5:23 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Sorry, I'm not going to get fired over this. This is my job.

I do want to pick apart this statement though:

Q u o t e:
Many classes were concluding they were too weak based on comparing their numbers to paladin numbers (and to be fair, hunters and in some cases mages and warriors).

Several of you have tried to use that against me in a "SEE OTHER CLASSES QQ AND BLIZZARD LISTENS TO THEM!" mode.

I am forced to conclude either:

You don't think your dps was higher than other classes, or
Your dps was higher than other classes, but that was okay, or
You acknowledge your dps was higher than other classes, but they shouldn't QQ about it, or
They should QQ about it, but we should ignore them (but be sure to pay more attention to your class).

To clarify (once again) we do listen to posters when they have feedback, even if it's negative feedback, and even if it's QQ. If we didn't care what they had to say, we wouldn't be out here reading and posting. But just because players ask for changes doesn't mean we will implement them. We are initially skeptical of many things players ask for, especially nerfs to other classes, and we'll only get to the point of making changes after a lot of discussion and testing on our own. Many times we still disagree. This is one case where some of the concerns about Ret were valid, and to be fair, we still ignored the QQ for a long time and tried not to make any changes to nerf Ret.
#73 - Oct. 27, 2008, 5:37 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
You just completely compromised your earlier statement, whereby you claimed Blizzard does not listen to QQ for nerfing.

Yes, we do listen to players. That's why we have forums.

We don't make changes just because players QQ though. When a lot of players start to say the same thing, we do investigate. Even in that case though most of the time we don't make any changes.

In this case we went a long time, perhaps too long, before making any changes in spite of considerable QQ from other classes.