Escape Key Not Working

#0 - Nov. 9, 2010, 2:23 a.m.
Blizzard Post
So the last posts I've seen about this all refer to some hunter bug years ago. This is an occuring issue for myself and my wife for quite an extended period of time now. I was just sitting around in IF and suddenly my escape button no longer registers in WoW at all. Everything is still keybound the same way. I've tried the

/run SetBinding("ESCAPE", "TOGGLEGAMEMENU") SaveBindings(GetCurrentBindingSet())

to no avail.

So any help in this matter would be appreciated. I've delete WTF folder all that stuff. The key works fine in everything else on my computer. WoW is the only thing that does not register it.
#1 - Nov. 9, 2010, 2:37 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Lyola ,

Click the menu key (icon that looks like a little computer) in game and go to the keybindings section. Reset it to use the defaults. See if that takes care of it.
#3 - Nov. 9, 2010, 2:46 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Lyola ,

Did you click the reset to default button?

Verify the button for "Toggle game menu" is the Escape button.
#6 - Nov. 9, 2010, 2:51 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Lyola ,

So you're sure it's bound but you didn't check? Click the button as if you were going to change it and select the escape button. See if it sets back to escape.

The game can't ignore a key unless it's not mapped to be used for anything or unless something else you're running is redirecting it, such as an addon or a keyboard utility program.

#11 - Nov. 9, 2010, 3:02 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Lyola ,

Did you unbind it and try reassigning it back to the escape key? If you can, it's seeing the key. If you can't, it's not. In that case, exit the game and rename your WTF and Interface folders. Start the game again and see if it works. If it does, it was most likely an addon over-riding the setting. If it doesn't, you can rename the folders back after deleting the newly created ones.