Tanking Necks, Rings, Trinkets etc

#0 - Oct. 30, 2008, 9:23 p.m.
Blizzard Post
I've had a chance to see some of the 10/25 raid items on mmo champion and it seemed to me that the "tanking" necklaces, rings, trinkets and cloaks all catered to the plate-wearing tanks having stats such as defense, block, parry, and some with strength; those are all great stats for plate tanks, but druid tanks gain no benefit from those stats.... was it intended that druids are supposed to use the dps items in those places, or seek out random armor items? I read somewhere GC saying bears valued armor too much in those slots but if the other choices are items with little benefit what other choices do we have? Not complaining or flaming.... just wondering are there other items in the beta that bears can use or something
#5 - Nov. 1, 2008, 12:04 a.m.
Blizzard Post
We are considering changing the trinkets or the way bear armor works so that finding armor on items doesn't make them so superior for druids.

If we make this change, I'll announce it before LK ships so that you don't make a heroic effort to get those items with lots of armor.

Bear armor would continue to increase as your armor from items went up, so that you'd still want heroic leather before going on to raiding. We would also make sure your overall armor levels didn't drop.