Concerns about CLOTH Healing gear

#0 - Nov. 1, 2008, 9:30 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Dear GC or any Blue,

I've decided to give this board a chance.

After the spell power change, what could of been Priest healing gear could end up to a Mage/Warlock. I'm fine with that they wear cloth armor and so do I. My concern is Druids/Pallys/Shamans rolling on cloth healing gear ontop of the Warlocks/Mages. You've made the game so alot of classes share stats and Priests have the smallest loot table of healer due to the limit of cloth armor.

I love how Armored to the Teeth helps warriors choice plate over leather armor. I wondering if you'd make similar talents for Druids/Shamans/Pallys so they're not wearing cloth armor instead of Leather/Mail/Plate.

Thanks,
AFox
#6 - Nov. 2, 2008, 2:07 a.m.
Blizzard Post
There are still pieces which are more appropriate for one class or spec than another. Some of the changes we made, such as spell power, will blur the lines slightly more. Our goal with that was more to help say an undergeared paladin get healing gear or an undergeared warlock be able to benefit from the "healing" cloth rather than just sharding it.

I've played a priest enough (I've played every class) to know that it can be frustrating when a paladin wants to roll on a piece of cloth, but most of the time the raid leaders I have run with tend to let the cloth-wearers get first dibs. I agree that there is a big social aspect to loot distribution. To some extent, that is by design.