So I gotta ask

#0 - Nov. 4, 2010, 5:49 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Blues and Greens, how do you guys manage to put up with the massive numbers of complaints, insults and what not for over so many years on the forums?
It's nothing short of amazing if you ask me.
#4 - Nov. 4, 2010, 5:54 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
Blues and Greens, how do you guys manage to put up with the massive numbers of complaints, insults and what not for over so many years on the forums?
It's nothing short of amazing if you ask me.

We like people. We like helping people. We like our company and those we work with. When we feel a bit "burnt out" we take little breaks and work on other things (though that's not too often we feel the need.) And, we also see a lot of positive discussions and feedback as well both on the forums and when we get to meet with people in person (such as at BlizzCon) that counteracts any more negative issues.

As I have repeated many times too, it's important to remember that even people that post angrily or who are upset about things are doing so because they are passionate about what we are doing. It's when they stop posting, that there is probably a much larger issue because their apathy has won. That's not saying that we like seeing negative or angry posts, we'd much rather try to get people to be constructive about what they are telling us by getting them to tell us the "why" of their dislike or disagreement for what we're doing.
#7 - Nov. 4, 2010, 5:56 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
Definitely.

Also, being surrounded by pictures of warm, fuzzy kittens makes anyone feel better.

I have kittens on my calendar for just a need. ;p
#12 - Nov. 4, 2010, 5:59 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
You're looking at it wrong.

They get to work for Blizzard and all they have to do is put up with whining nerds.

You sell us short. It's definitely not "all" we have to do. :) Our days are very busy, I promise you that.
#53 - Nov. 4, 2010, 7:13 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

Are you married?

Indeed.
#69 - Nov. 4, 2010, 8:51 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

Or we're digging into new content, and too busy to check in on the forums. I definitely hope not to be on the forums much when Cataclysm first comes out. Sometimes silence is a very big compliment =)

Well, that we always can infer during the appropriate times. :)

Q u o t e:
Neth where did drysc get his awesome rainbow fountain, share the secret for I too want to be Fuzzy-bunny'd by such trinkets at my desk.

I have no idea. He just showed up in the office with it. It even has a music box song to go with it. It's an evil little device. ;)
#79 - Nov. 4, 2010, 10:04 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
OP I've been wondering the exact same thing!!!

Interesting perspective on QQ. A good point. Maybe I can fit one little question in here.

What do you guys think of communicating more with players? e.g on changes and what not.

Like we could subscribe to a mail in game or out of game, could be on an issue, or class. I would just really love to see the reasoning behind what you guys do and why. It should would help me a lot in terms of trying to make suggestions or helping other players to understand why.

We work to do this as much as we can and we're always open to constructive feedback on how we can do things better. Just keep in mind we really are only human. Also, with the upcoming new site, we should hopefully be able to funnel a bit more of the information you want (including the fun things) into the blog posts a bit better.