Blue: The Battle For The Undercity... Uhh...

#0 - Nov. 15, 2008, 6:56 a.m.
Blizzard Post
So what exactly has to happen for this event to trigger? On two occasions I've sat outside that sewer for about 45 minutes with nothing happening. It just sits at "The enemy controls the Undercity!", "The manhunt has begun!" and Varian Wrynn saying "The final battle will begin soon, Simonzi. Stand at attention!". Tons of people out there with me, and nothing. This has been one of the best quest lines you've put into the game, and I'd love to wrap it up. But for whatever reason, I just sit there and sit there and it never starts.
#2 - Nov. 15, 2008, 8:34 p.m.
Blizzard Post
We are investigating and will hopefully have this resolved soon.
#25 - Nov. 18, 2008, 1:34 a.m.
Blizzard Post
The hotfix for this should be going live within the hour. We'll need a server restart for it to take effect, but after that the event should no longer hang. Thanks for all of the feedback.
#27 - Nov. 18, 2008, 2:02 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
I dropped the quest, wnet back to Stormwind but none of the NPCs in the Throne Room have the exclamation mark? Who gives it again or am I out of luck then?

You should be able to take the portal in Stormwind Keep back to Undercity and pick the quest back up from Broll (assuming you were on the Battle for the Undercity quest).