A few tips for current arena.

#0 - Dec. 22, 2008, 1:43 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Hey there, i've decided to make a list of usefull tips for the ppl that feel dissapoined by dying in 2 seconds, or his healer in 3 seconds, or whatever.
I have played PvP since day 1, with 210 days played.

During season 3 to 4 i've played wierd setups like warrior-lock, warrior-rogue, warrior-bm hunter, you name it, so i made a few tips for surviving burst, and being effective.

1: Spec 52/8/11 for last stand. If you have 27k hps buffed with shout and use last stand, that gives you a max hp pool of 35k hps.
Now use ER and heal for 10.5k hps. Worth it? extremely.

2: if you like playing with a healer, get a priest, because a priest will heal for a lot more than a shaman or holy paladin at this state of pvp.
HUH??? REALLY???
Yep. because of spirit of redemption which cannot be bursted. ironic isn't it? Top it off with a glyph of spirit of redemp and he can heal for about 1 minute if you feel lucky (punk?)

3:Make defensive macros, for switching to defensive stance, intervene on you colleague, shield wall, shield block, etc. Make sure you have the command "/cancelaura Bladestorm" before those macros. There were times in which i died 4 seconds during Bladestorm. Yea... i did.

4: Mages hit us like trucks thrown from helicopters which travel at high velicity towards your gonads. Don't go there. The fight is so one-sided it's not even funny. Warlock vs Rogue were small children compared to this.

5:BM hunters can't be kited anymore..... for now. 2 bestial wraths and the Ring of valor arena kind of favour the game in the hunter's direction.

6:When you fight retrilols and Death knights, go sheild and 1h, and defensive stance, and spam Revenge at every CD (which should be 1 second if you spec unrelenting assault), trust me, if you use shield block, you can virtually do 30k damage with the revenges if they all crit. Think about it.

7:Always MS debuff retris and Dks. Because they can get procs to heal up, and we don't want that, do we?

8:Bladestorm is not always an offensive ability. Using it after a cheap shot for example will get the rogue a wasted kidney shot (90% of rogues do kidney shot regardless if you bladestorm after cheap shot)
because you see....rogues have a strategy made up in their mind before attacking you, for example, he sees a warrior.his head would be like (aha a warrior, il go cheap shot, then kidney shot, take him down to 40%, dismantle for the lulz, if he does that then i'l do that, etc etc... ok here i go!)

If you catch them offguard, like break their strategy, they will blind, and repeat, because in their head they go like (AWWW what do i do if he broke the rotation?!?!?, il just blind and redo it from scratch i guess...)

9:Don't ever bladestorm to get away from a dk, unless he used his death grip. Yes... Death Grip works on Bladestorm... Yes... yes it does.

10:Don't ever try to stop a rogue from killing your colleague. You will just waste time. Do a single intercept, rend and hamstring, and that should be enough.

11:If you face Multiboxers in arena, just charge in, do a fear, Sweeping and Bladestorm, and watch the view.

12:If you notice a Dk used a Gargoyle to zerg you down, since we know gargoyles do nature damage, for around 1.5k-2k, do this: reflect a bolt and do a heroic throw. Yes.. it kills it.

13: (not 100% confirmed), if you bladestorm a polymorph, and het the IMMUNE message, the next polys will last for half duration, which means, you can force DR on them.

14:Enraged Regeneration can be used if you cast Bloodrage or Berserker Rage, becuase they count as Enrage effects. So... you can run from someone and hide, then do bloodrage-> ER, and bandage.

15: Always use Spell reflection before bandaging or canibalizing. trust me on this one.(obviously do this if you remain 1v1 against a caster/retri/Dk)

and last one, which is the most lulz one:

16:Go to options-> interface->disable enemy pet and minion names. Ohh look, a mage between 5 mirror images. :D

Cheers and thanks for reading.
#15 - Dec. 29, 2008, 3:39 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Blue-tagging for visibility. Please keep it helpful and in a nice tone folks. :)