Disc Priest needs advice...

#0 - Jan. 5, 2010, 7:12 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Please look at my disc tree build and let me know what you think. The points in the holy tree are there to get the faster cast time and addition damage for the holy fire and smite which will end exactly at 80. So i just need advice on how I arranged the disc tree with that specific amount of points already there. Are they really working for me or not.

Thx
#2 - Jan. 5, 2010, 7:37 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
Please look at my disc tree build and let me know what you think. The points in the holy tree are there to get the faster cast time and addition damage for the holy fire and smite which will end exactly at 80. So i just need advice on how I arranged the disc tree with that specific amount of points already there. Are they really working for me or not.

Thx

I'd suggest perusing the Armory a bit and looking at what a lot of disc priests are running with and then think about what you want to get out of your spec. If you're looking to PvP your spec may be slightly different than if you only want to PvE. I agree that you should have Meditation for regen though. (As a suggestion that is. ;) )

Also consider this, do you really need Divine Fury or improved Renew? I generally have focused on damage mitigation, crit chance, and mana regen on my own Disc priest .

You might also consider Desperate Prayer, Spell Warding, and Inspiration as far as the Holy end of the spec goes.

Keep in mind, that these are just suggestions and you may have different goals that will change what you choose to spec into.
#28 - Jan. 5, 2010, 10:44 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
Neth's advice is generic and off the mark as usual.

The OP is asking for leveling build advice, does no good to armory other priests, most will be 80 and specced fully into raiding or pvp.

Leveling is not the same.

@OP:

Do you have or expect to have dual spec?
If so, spec shadow for solo leveling, use Disc for instance healing (Holy is perfectly fine too)
If not, or if you aren't comfortable healing in a shadow spec (which is perfectly doable while leveling btw), try a Disc/Holy hybrid (like in the Leveling Sticky or from my detailed post:
http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=17222935830)

If it's generic, it's meant to be to a certain degree. I'm not going to pigeonhole anyone into a certain style of play because then it looks like "we" are advocating one style and only one style of play when the truth is, there are many options. ;)

As for leveling build advice, you can still look at the armory of others and get a good feel for what is being used and why. I haven't leveled with my priest in awhile, but when I did, I was predominantly Shadow until I switched into Disc and finished leveling as Disc. At 70, it's perfectly acceptable (and doable) to stay in Disc and be effective. It's just a bit different.
#31 - Jan. 5, 2010, 11:45 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

ban incoming? :)

I'm not that easy, though baiting me is a good way of it coming your way. :)
#34 - Jan. 6, 2010, 12:23 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
I think it would be quite absurd for more or less rationally sharing my opinions. My that's my opinion of course.

I didn't think I was baiting with that comment, more of an attempt at humor. Since I'm still here I'll assume the humorous intent wasn't missed. :)

I'm sometimes pretty sharp. It depends on how much caffeine I've had. It's like my RL mana pool. ;p
#38 - Jan. 6, 2010, 2:44 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

You use too many non-spaced smiley faces.

If only this was the worst complaint I've ever heard. ;)
#41 - Jan. 6, 2010, 3:43 a.m.
Blizzard Post
I always thought it was more a fvwooosh sort of sound.